49

"I was beginning to think you weren't coming." Shay smiled as Alex jumped into the seat.

"I'm only a minute late!" She defended.

"You're usually five to ten minutes early."

"I was... busy." Shay smiled.

"Anything you want to talk about?"

"I thought you were here to tell me I'm mental not talk boys."

"You're not mental." Shay said.

"You sound like you believe that."

"I do. Because it's true." Alex didn't look convinced so Shay carried on. "So, Blaise. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. It's fun. He's an idiot sometimes but it's entertaining." Alex smiled. "But he doesn't get along with Hermione. Or Snape, apparently. Which is stupid, because Snape pretty much likes all Slytherins. So how does Blaise manage to be the only one he doesn't like?"

"Perhaps he's being protective?"

"He liked Cedric just fine. Sort of, I guess. And anyways, it can't be that. Snape doesn't even know."

"Are you sure? He's very perceptive."

"Yeah, but not when it comes to relationships and stuff. He'd much rather avoid it. And we've been hiding our relationship. He can't know. Can he?" Alex's eyes widened.

"Would it be bad if he did?"

"I mean, I don't think Blaise would like that very much." She said. "Plus boy talk with him is always awkward. I only do it when I really wanna mess with him."

"That is something I'd love to see." She grinned. "Does it bother you? That your uncle doesn't know? That nobody knows?"

"No." Alex answered honestly.

"But it bothers you that Blaise doesn't get along with those you care about."

"Yeah." She agreed. "I mean I don't expect Blaise to be different overnight. I know he may never get along with my family. I think he might get along with some of my friends if he tried."

"But he won't try?"

"No."

"Have you asked him?"

"No." Alex grumbled. Shay scribbled into her pad.

"Why not?"

"Because he's not that sort of guy."

"He said he wanted to be your boyfriend, didn't he?" Shay asked. "Is it so absurd to ask him to try to get along with your friends?"

"Just because he says it, doesn't mean he means it." Alex said, and then leaned back. "I know it's dumb, and I should just talk to him about it."

"But you won't?"

"I don't want to know the answer."

"Are you sure?" Alex pressed her eyes closed.

"I'll talk to him. But I just want to enjoy it as we are for a little longer." Shay nodded.

"Okay. And what about the headmaster?"

"What about him?"

"Well, you said you confronted him about some of the choices he's made, concerning you. Have you had a follow up conversation?"

"No. I don't need answers."

"That doesn't sound like you."

"I don't." Alex repeated. "I'm pretty sure I already know why. Dumbledore wanted to control outcomes. Me being Voldemort's granddaughter but on the side of the light was just a choice he made. I grew up with several siblings and formed attachments with my family. My parents being such firm supporters of the light- it was... I don't know. A chess move, you could call it. Placing me with family in Brazil might have made me a wild card. He didn't want to risk me potentially becoming dark and another adversary." Alex rolled her eyes. "I know the answer. I don't need them from him. I don't need justifications or explanations. That wouldn't do anything to help me. And I don't want to talk to him again. Dumbledore's best at manipulating. I'd probably go in their demanding answers and leaving without my soul."

After her session with Shay, Alex went to the Chamber. She pulled out Blaise and her plans for their next step in their revenge against Harry and set to work.

Breakfast the next morning was exciting. Alex sat in her usual seat with her friends and waited for Harry to emerge. He eventually did, head to toe in Slytherin colours. He had a large green snake on the side of his face and his black hair had green highlights. Even his robes hadn't escaped unscathed.

There were snickers from the Slytherin table, and honestly from most of the school except the Gryffindors.

"Was that you or the Slytherins?" Susan asked her.

"Maybe Harry's just confused as to what house he's in."

"You, then? Got it." Megan said, hiding a laugh.

Hermione glared at her from across the hall and Alex let a smirk grace her face.

"Did you ever find out who your secret admirer was?"

"Fourth year." She said with a shudder. "I don't want to talk about it."

Hermione was waiting for her outside the great hall.
"You should be ashamed of using the house elves like that."

"But when Harry asks Dobby to stalk another student it's fine? Besides it's not my fault Harry's an idiot. It was an obviously suspicious package. He didn't have to open it."

"You put it in a gift box."

"Exactly. Why would he get a gift? It's not his birthday or Christmas or anything. Besides, wasn't the last gift he got amortentia? What kind of idiot wouldn't be cautious?"

"Harry's an idiot. Point taken. Please stop the spell."

"He almost killed my friend, Hermione. And he's basically getting away with it. I'm not hurting him, but I will humiliate him." Hermione nodded, resigned.

"I can say I tried." She shrugged. Alex grinned.

Alex was enjoying her day. Harry had been thoroughly humiliated and she was loving every second of it. Her favourite moment was when Snape berated Harry in class, telling him there was a time and place for such tomfoolery.

"Seriously, Harry, I just love that snake on your face. It's so cute."

"Don't you hate snakes?" He asked and she shrugged with a smirk. "You know, it's not like Malfoy didn't get what he deserved. He was going to crucio me."

"Are you sure?" She challenged.

"What did he tell you?"

"Stickfast hex." She said. "And I know he wasn't lying because Draco hates the cruciatus curse."

"I heard him."

"Really? You heard him say crucio? Odd, don't you think that he was the one who ended up hurt when he was torturing you?" She crossed her arms. "Or did you hear him start colloshoo and decide he was trying to say crucio? I mean, we all know you've already decided he's evil."

"He's not the saint you make him out to be." Harry glared at her.

"I don't make him out as one. I know Draco can be an arse and a prat, and sometimes his pureblood upbringing rears its ugly head. But I know him. And I also know he wouldn't have crucio'd you."

"Why do you think so highly of him?"

"You'll never understand. You live in such a black and white world, but nothing is ever so simple."

A/N- so there's nine minutes before it's officially tomorrow, for me at least, so this still counts as a daily update 😂 I have this thing where I don't want to update before I finish writing up at least one part otherwise I'm going to get even more behind in my drafts which is why it's taken me so long lately. I'm sorry. Thank you guys for understanding and being patient, xx