26

The quidditch match that weekend was rather difficult to watch. Ron wasn't there so Mclaggen took his post as keeper. The match ended disastrously, with Harry in the hospital wing.

Alex managed to gather enough courage to get her sister after the match and talk to her. She led her out to the Glade.

"I'm really not that upset about the match, you know." Ginny said. "Stupid McLaggen got in over his own head, and messed everything up, but it's fine."

"Yeah, I know." Alex smiled. "I just had to talk to you."

"Uh oh." Ginny looked at her. "Is something wrong?"

"Um... maybe. I guess, not technically wrong, but it's important."

"That sounds scary."

"Honestly, it kind of is." Alex looked out towards the waterfall. "Okay, wait. This may be easier if you don't look at me."

"It might be easier if you don't overthink it." Ginny offered.

"Okay, let me tell you a story." Ginny nodded and shifted to get more comfortable. "So, there was once a girl."

"You?"

"No."

"Okay." Ginny sighed.

"Anyways, so this girl- her name was Morgana. Not the original Morgana. Her namesake. So this young girl, Morgana, she was raised by a dark family. Her father was literally evil in human form. So she grew up with dark ideals. She was sorted into Slytherin and she made friends with the children of other pureblood prejudiced crapheads. She did have one good friend, though, who- despite her upbringing- wasn't all that into the purebloods-only-society ideology." Ginny looked interested. "In fact she eventually met a muggleborn and married him. But for Morgana, it was a little different. Her father was the only family she had, because he killed her mother and she grew up in that racist, toxic environment. She didn't like when her friend fell for the muggleborn, and it had been the cause of fights between them, but eventually she accepted them. She helped protect her friend and kept her safe.

"None of this changed her actual view towards muggles and muggleborns, but I think it started a process. After she graduated Hogwarts, she met a muggle. A squib, technically. He sparked her interest, and I don't think she knew he wasn't magical at first. I doubt she'd have given him the time of day if she did. But they got to know each other and they fell in love. She got pregnant with his child, and knew if her father ever found out who the father of her child was, he'd kill him. So she cut off all contact with the man, and began arrangements. She knew if she'd had her child and let her father ever be a part of that child's life, it would grow up just like she did. Full of hatred and damaged. She told Dumbledore and her friend. At first she'd wanted her friend to raise the child- she was already off the grid and safe and she knew her friend would give the child the best possible life. But Dumbledore convinced her not to. He convinced her that it would be the obvious move and make it that much easier for her father to find the child. He proposed someone else. Another family, full of love and capable of taking in another. Morgana agreed."

"Do we know Morgana's daughter? Or is this story fictional?"

"It's a real story. And... I'm Morgana's daughter." Ginny frowned.

"What do you mean you're Morgana's daughter?"

"I'm the child. Mum and dad were the family full of love and capable to giving that love to another child. I'm adopted. Sort of. Not really legally, I suppose. But whatever."

"Give me a minute to digest that." Ginny said, staring at her sister.

"Okay, tell me when you're ready. There's more."

"How could there be more?"

"Morgana's father. And the squib."

"Have you met Morgana?"

"She died, actually. When I was born."

"Oh. Who's your father?"

"My biological father- okay, brace yourself. His name was Titus. He had a brother who went to Hogwarts. He was in Diagon Alley to buy some sort of peace offering for his brother because they were fighting. His last name's Snape."

"Funny, I almost believed you." Ginny rolled her eyes.

"I'm not joking."

"Professor Snape doesn't have a brother."

"Yes he does." Alex said. "I wouldn't be here if he didn't. Literally."

"Snape has a brother who's a squib?" Ginny's eyes widened and Alex nodded. "And he's your dad."

"He's my biological father. It takes a lot more than DNA contribution to be a dad. Plus he has no idea I exist. We figured that would open up a whole new set of problems."

"We? Snape knows?"

"He was there when I found out."

"Which was when?"

"Beginning of second year."

"How did you even find out?"

"Before I can answer that, we gotta talk about Morgana's father."

"Oh my god, was she Lucius's sister?"

"What? No! Why would you ask that?"

"I don't know. You said evil and the Malfoy's were the first thing to come to mind. Plus you're close with Malfoy, so..."

"You can't think of anyone more evil?"

"I mean, you know who, but- wait, really?" She peered at Alex who nodded. "Voldemort? He who shall not be named? Tom fucking Riddle?"

"Technically Tom Marvolo Riddle."

"How-? Why-? What?"

"Um, okay, so Morgana's mother- her name was Charlotte." Alex said. "She came from a line of Hufflepuffs but was sorted into Slytherin. She met Voldemort at some point and eventually they got married. I don't know why. Everyone knows he can't fall in love, but they got married and had a daughter and then he killed her and long story short I exist."

A/N- So... Ginny knows 😁

Favourite line "Tom fucking Riddle?"