long time no love

there they were, the group of three. they were currently still hiding the prince from the kingdom so focused on surviving. elas was getting tired since he had never walked this long before.

"are we almost done? i can't feel my legs anymore" he sighed. that made alpha chuckle.

"almost there princey, hang on a little longer" alpha said, still smiling.

"actually, we can camp here for tonight if you want" akkar said as he stopped walking. elas nodded as he put his bag down with a sigh. the boys all settled down and grabbed the things they needed. elas had the duty of collecting things like wood and food while akkar and alpha set up the tents. elas was getting ready to go.

"well, ill be back in a moment" he smiled as he waved at the two boys. alpha smiled at him.

"be careful" he said, following elas with his eyes as he nodded and walked away. alpha smiled to himself as he thought about how cute elas looked while waving, he was obviously lost in thought. akkars eyes widen.

"oh....my...GOD" akkar said, which snapped alpha back to reality.

"what?"

"YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH THE PRINCE" akkar said excited. alpha then tried to defend himself.

"nono! no i dont know where you got that! and keep it down will ya? elas might not be far" alpha said, grabbing onto akkar.

"so you ARE in love! who knew a guy like you would ever fall for someone like him" akkar said, clearly surprised by alpha's sudden feelings.

"what the hell is that supposed to mean" alpha said raising an eyebrow.

"its just...him and delta are so different" akkar said backing up from alpha a bit. alpha pinched the bridge of his nose.

"don't mention that name, you know better than that." alpha said, clearly upset by the mention of his ex girlfriend.

"you should tell the prince how you feel" akkar said after a few moments of silence. alpha widened his eyes in disbelief.

"are you crazy? over my dead body" alpha said grabbing one of the bags and starting on a tent, akkar quickly joined him.

"you say that now but just you wait until you can't take it anymore. i mean, the eyes you give him....i didn't even see those eyes when you looked at d-" akkar got interrupted by alpha's death stare from a little further away.

"-she who shall not be named?" akkar quickly said. alpha shook his head.

"listen, akkar, i appreciate your concern i really do...but i can't fall in love again." alpha said to break the ice.

"ofcourse you can!" akkar said walking to alpha and placing his hand on his shoulder. "everyone can fall in love" akkar smiled. alpha gave a small smile in return.

"even some dude like you" akkar joked, causing him to get pushed off by alpha.

akkar walked back to his tent with a smile.

"you know, you might not see it, but the prince gives you googly eyes aswell when you're not looking" akkar confessed. alpha looked at him with wide eyes.

"don't fuck with me akkar, does he really?" alpha said pausing all his movements. akkar smiled and walked to alpha to give him a highfive.

"i swear on my heterosexuality" akkar said excited.

"yeahh....im gonna need a better swear buddy" alpha said looking at akkar with wonder in his eyes.

"i swear on my mother?" akkar tried, alpha raised an eyebrow and changed his expression to a disapproving one.

"I SWEAR ON EVERYTHING JUST,,,tell him how you feel" akkar laughed. alpha shook his head and continued on the tent.

"useless, what would a prince want with a thief?" alpha sighed. akkar stayed quiet for a little bit, making alpha look up at him.

"this is the part where u tell me im great" alpha said.

"listen dude, im not here to lie to you" akkar shrugged. making himself laugh immediately.

"jokes aside alpha, im proud of you for finding love again" akkar said, wrapping his arm around alphas shoulders.

"thanks brother, its scary as fuck" alpha said patting akkar on the back.

"things'll be ok for you two. i wish luck to both.....mostly elas" akkar teased.

alpha laughed too before he whispered "thank you" and ruffled akkars hair.

"did you- did you just show me some kind of affection??" akkar said surprised.

"....omg what is happening to me" alpha said after thinking about what he just did.

akkar bursted out laughing as he hugged alpha.

"okokok dont push your luck fucker-" alpha said as he shoved akkar off, akkar still laughing. that's when elas walked to them from behind.

"well, looks like you two had time to bond. what did you do?" he asked curiously.

"we were making the tent!" alpha said, but at the same time akkar said "we were talking about further plans!" causing elas to furrow his eyebrows.

"o....k?" elas said before making his way to one of the tents to help. as elas walked away alpha shoved akkars side, causing him to clutch his side.

"go to him" akkar whispered.

"no i don't want to" alpha whispered back, the two going back and forth until akkar pushed alpha to him himself. alpha stumbled in front of elas. causing elas to look up at him and smile. alpha felt his heart skip a beat when he saw elas's smile....akkar might be right for the first time in his life.