a mind of his own

alright- so this ff is less gay and more information about alpha ig? but, i just thought it was cute so..enjoy-

elas POV:
i sighed as i threw myself on the floor next to akkar, who was also exhausted. we had just finished setting up a tent for the night, and though i could have just magically saved us some trouble, akkar insisten on doing it barehanded, just to prove alpha wrong...or...something along those lines.
we breathed heavily as we stared at the set up tent in front of us.
"YES!" i suddenly hear akkar yell, "WE BEAT HIM!"
i look across the area to see alpha sharpening a knife, very obviously already finished with his previous task. i hit akkar in the back of the head.
"you made us do all that hard work to beat alpha in a race?? which by the way, we could've won if you let me do my magic."
akkar nodded "i know, but we agreed to do it bare handed, alpha said so." i facepalmed to that last comment.
"alpha told you so? and you think you haven't been tricked?"
"come on bud, alpha is a man of commitment, alpha isn't like he seems"
i smiled at akkar's obliviousness.
"actually" akkar started, "he became quite different lately." i look at akkar with wonder.
"different? how so?" i look at alpha as akkar talks, he's just in his own world, taking the knife sharpening very seriously. his concentrated expression put a loving smile on my face automatically, i was really in love with him for some reason.
"well, he seems alot more calm and unbothered, i like that better than his whole reckless 'i-will-kill-you-if-you-breathe-in-my-direction' side. plus he, just...seems happy, i haven't really ever seen him genuinely happy like this."
i dont know if that made me feel happy or just a bit sad, maybe pride is what i felt somewhere too.
"i think he just matured, that's probably why he's like that" i said, to which akkar scoffed.
"nah, that's cause of you."
though somewhere i was hoping for those words, i wasn't expecting them. i guess it showed as my blush alerted akkar.
"oooiiiii" he said as he pointed at me teasingly, "loooook at that~"
"just- stop it- STOP IT-" i defended.
"naahhh, don't worry, i won't tease my brother in law like that. its just that i never imagined i would have a brother in law anyway." that definitely striked my curiosity.
"why? did alpha never come out to you?"
"on the contrary, he used to be quite homophobic!" akkar said, i looked at akkar before quickly glancing at alpha.
"alpha? really? but he-"
"i know but he truly used to just, not get it. very 'boys are supposed to be with girls and that's that'" akkar nodded, as if it was the most casual thing in the world.
"i mean, it must've been his dad, pumping those thoughts in his head. so when they separated, he learned to think on his own." akkar smiled.
"then....what changed his mind? THAT couldn't have been me, he was already calling everything that crossed his path by the F slur." i slightly laughed, considering alpha's habit.
"oh no, it was hunter. remember him? im sure alpha told you about him before, he made him realise he liked men aswell. call that an eye opener" akkar joked, though i couldn't laugh.
"..hunter?....who's that?" i said, to which akkar's smile dropped within a second.
"....oh fuck- AWE SHIT NO WAIT UH- HAHA NO. WHO? I UH- GOTTA GO.....ohmygodalphaisgonnakillme-"
i tried to calm akkar down as i sat him back down, he didn't really put up much of a fight.
"calm down, im not telling on you. i just want you to find out more for me." i asked, very gently...
"WHAT?? WHY ME?"
"BECAUSE, if the boyfriend starts asking questions about his gay awakening it'll seem strange." he slightly pushed him to stand up.
"oh so the straight best friend asking about his gay awakening isn't gonna ring any bells either???" he said as he turned back to me. i pushed him a little further so he stumbled towards alpha's side.
"fffffffine-" akkar said, holding the f long enough to hold elas in suspense.
"but you owe me one your majesty!"
i nodded, shoo-ing him away from our conversation. that got me some time alone.
hunter? why hasn't he mentioned him before? is he...really who i think he is?