our heroes

"allright then, snuggle up warmly you lot, its almost time for bed." the smith's daughter spoke as she took a seat on her children's beds. the sound of little bare feet hitting the cold floor echoed through the humble home. three beautiful and cheery children found their beds and got comfortable on this steady and peculiarly cold evening. the mother tucked them all in, taking her time with each child as they caught their breath from running around. the mother hummed a little song as the children listened to the fire cracking in the fireplace, mom walked around with a candle, placing little dim lights around the room as her nightgown followed after her.
"mother, we learnt about history at school today!" the eldest spoke. to which the middle child nodded eagerly. "that's right! we know all about alfreda's war with aerigal!" the mother chuckled at her pride and joy's happiness. "you are all so smart, you must do great things with your knowledge okay?" she made her way to the window to close it, but the cold strong wind was too much and was putting up a fight.
"that wind, that cold, hm.....it used to be much better you know. alfreda wasn't always like this."
"it wasn't?" the youngest asked.
"not at all, we used to be so peaceful with eachother, and help eachother out as a town. but, none of that anymore. not since the cold came."
"then...how did the cold get here?"
mother stopped for a second before blowing out her candle, leaving the room goldish in the flames' lights. she made her way back to sit on the middle child's bed.
"well vera, how about you take a listen. tahsin, threvian, cuddle up on your sister's bed." and the family all got close together.
"story time! story time!" the children started cheering, to which mother laughed.
"alright alright! listen closely my angels. it all started...with a prince"
.
.
.
.
once upon a time, there were three royal siblings. the eldest, who was a focussed leader, a brave and smart future king.
{LIKE ME!} 《yes threvian, like you》
the middle child, who was a beautiful and caring princess. she might not have looked like it, but she could really fight for others and herself.
{like me?} 《definitely like you vera.》
the youngest, alfreda's pride. he was a mischievous prince full of life and color, the sweetest and kindhearted prince this kingdom has ever seen.
{LIKE ME!} 《like you, tahsin.》
we used to have a king and queen, but sadly our queen passed away, and our king couldn't handle the loss of his wife so he disappeared. and so, the eldest son, dior, was left to be king at a very young age. way too young if you'd ask me, he didn't know how to mix ruling a kingdom with taking care of your family.  the other siblings, alena and elas were ignored, and set aside. dior barely even came out of his room anymore. i guess they were more involved with the humbleness and kindness of the people, we have them to thank for our closeness as a kingdom. one day, elas was with his close friend grace in the alfredian library, this exact one we live close by. until he heard panic outside of the library walls.
{oh my goodness...} {tahsin shh}
when elas looked outside, there were two hooded figures running on the roofs, actually, the roof of our house too, they ran over it with jewels and riches in their hand.
{to give to the poor?} 《far from it! they were thieves!》 {oh no!}
the prince started yelling at the figures.
"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" he said.
to that, one figure stopped while one kept running. he turned right to elas, almost knowing he was there. and then.....he took his hood off. the two made eyecontact, almost as if they've seen eachother before. there was already a spark between the two i must admit, but that comes later. the still hooded figure who kept running caught his attention and yelled him back.
"ALPHA, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?" and with that, they both ran away, leaving elas a bit confused. but not for long. turned out, everything they had stolen from the kingdom, was fake gold and colored stone as jewels!
{*GASP*} { they had that coming for them!}
so, ofcourse the thieves went back, but with a better plan. they were going to steal from the castle. turns out the thieves were good at what they did, and they successfully managed to sneak into our castle. the royal family slept in the top floor alllll the way up there, dior in the middle tower, alena left, and elas in the highest right tower.
{did they get to the riches mother? did they?} 《they had their bags full of gold tahsin》
but, as they were about to escape cleanly, they sneaked into the wrong room. for they were met with a sleeping prince elas. though the first thief successfully sneaked out, the second thief got caught! because he quickly threw the bag of riches to his brother out the window, telling him to save himself. you probably wonder what happened to the thief right?
{YEAH YEAH} {did he get punished???}
《far from it my lightdrops, he got an offer he couldn't refuse.》
"let me come with you" the prince said as he grabbed the thief's wrist, stopping him from escaping. the thief was so confused, his brother could've probably seen it from all the way down to the ground.
"HEH?" the thief asked, to which the prince repeated himself.
"let me come with you, please."
before the thief could even answer, he was tugged inside so he fell to the floor, elas hurried to get ready.
"what the hell are you on about?" the thief spoke as he got up and dusted himself off.
"why, i'll only be a moment stranger. or, i could just let out a scream and have the guards tackle you to my neat floor if you refuse." and with that, the thief and the prince made a deal. well, a bond really. the thief took the prince on the biggest adventure he had ever seen, an adventure that remains history for as long as alfreda shall live. the thief's name turned out to be alpha, alpha kelhana.
{mother?} 《yes vera?》{why did the prince want to leave? isn't he full of riches and love?} 《indeed vera, but it wasn't as it seemed. he was really unhappy as prince, mostly because of king dior.》
anyways, they went on a really big adventure, one you'll have to remind me of to read to you all later, the book is downstairs. they met people along the way, who not only turned into friends, but also family. they are legends, the whole lot of them. between the quests and adventures, there turned out to be love. for, alpha and elas fell in love! a thief and a prince, isn't that just endearing? oh well, at the end, the prince was left with the battle of his life, his best friend grace.
{THE ONE FROM THE LIBRARY??} 《oh my, so loud. hehe, yes my darling, from the library.》
king dior turned grace against the prince as revenge for leaving his prince name behind. and, well, it was a very big fight, right on this very plaza we live across from. with everyone home, and our town saved, we needed a new leader, since dior had fled. alena stepped down, she did not want to become queen...so..who was left?
{ELAS! ELAS IS THE NEXT ONE IN LINE!} 《so smart threvian, good job.》
and so, elas married the love of his life, and alpha and elas became our kings....and they lived happily ever after.
.
.
.
.
"well, what about the rest of the group? did they get forgotten?" tahsin asked his mother.
"the rest of the group became noble and royal helpers, they were a team." mother answered as she began tucking her children back into their own beds.
"then, another big story about the wolf king, which is how we got our princes and princesses at the time....but, that's also a whole adventure I'd have to read to you, so we'll save that for later. then, another adventure in bonfrena, i almost forgot about that one! oh my have those people been on many of adventures, ill tell you all about them tomorrow."
"awee momma.." all the children whined.
"i know i know but they'll be far too long, its way past your bedtime anyways" mother stood up and made her way to the middle of the room to look at her children.
"can we atleast know who the group were? please??" threvian asked, to which the other siblings nodded. mother showed off a sweet smile powered by joy.
"fine, but just briefly, you'll hear the rest tomorrow." and with that the kids got comfortable. mother placed a kiss on all three of their foreheads.
"first, we had elas of alfreda! the wizard, the sweet and kindhearted prince. who turned out to be our loyal king, and a treasure within our kingdom." mother blew out her first candle, dimming the room's light just slightly, but enough to get her children sleepy as she spoke softly.
"second, our rogue, king alpha kelhana. our strong and mysterious wolf king. he has done much good for this kingdom, but most of it was for his husband." and another candle faded into smoke, the smell really filling the room.
"then, the bard. Akkar zelentano. the funny and trustworthy friend. he was alpha's brother, and pretty much didn't leave the royal couples' side for all of their ruling. he was the best bard this kingdom had ever seen." and mother softly blew a third candle out across the room.
"...our first paladin, a noble and strong woman. Anyk Enromal. leader of many, loved by all. she was brave and respected, lead our very own army into success many of times. she ended up married to akkar." she blew another candle out, though this one needed an extra bit of air to dim.
"our second paladin, Armus aimery. the corporal. a very intimidating young man, well, the youngest corporal alfreda has ever seen actually. he was so powerful and amazing at what he did, it was inspiring." foosh, another candle meeting the dark of the room, the room was almost dark now, just one candle remained, the one next to the door.
"last but most certainly not least, our druid. Saint aradan-aimery. saint was loving, and cute. a very clumsy and smart druid. truly the best druid of alfreda, their story is a popular one with upcoming druids....saint had been married to armus since he was only 20 years old. they were the definition of true love." mother looked around the room one last time, a smile grew on her face as she saw her children slowly fall asleep. "goodnight, my loves" she spoke one more time before blowing out the last candle. leaving the room dark and cozy, before she left the room.
.
.
.
.
mother walked through the town's square, slow, cold snow falling from the sky onto the ground. her cloak wrapped over her shoulders and her hood over her head. in her hands, she held roses. 5 beautiful red roses. one of them was a special shade of blue, almost a cyan colour. one she made in her very own garden, there were none quite like it. out she went to the most north point of the town's heart, where statues of alfreda's forever heroes stood to be admired and worshipped by many of generations. she'd take her own children here someday, once she's told them all about their stories. she placed a single red rose on elas's statue and made a wish, it was said elas could grant you a wish if you believed it enough. then, a rose for alpha, who proudly held the hand of his husband in the statue. the smith's daughter snapped one of the leaves off and placed it in alpha's other hand, it was said that meant good luck, for as long as you must need it. right next to alpha, stood akkar. mother places a rose in his mandolin, for that meant peace and hope. the mother couldn't help but sing whenever she went to akkar's statue, something about his jolly stance. then, to armus. a rose layed at the sword of the town's beloved paladin, for that meant protection, from any bad thing coming. then, another single red rose was placed on saint's statue. no specific place, but it was said if you placed your hands on saint and armus's connected ones, you'd have a lasting love. through sickness and health. then.....anyk. mother placed the cyan blue rose at the very end of her statue, being in the statues full sight and glory. giving a bow to the paladin as she kissed the rose. anyk's statue stood for respect and growth, but, mother's rose wasn't coloured for extra respect or growth. she gives anyk the most colourful of roses everytime, to thank her. for being the coolest great great great great auntie ever.