the prince and the wolf

elas's pov:

cold air pushed itself through my window as i heard the raindrops tapping at it. as im putting my food down on the table i stop for a second, just to close my eyes and take in the silence of nature. there was something so satisfying about it. after a long day it could really calm me down. my moment of peace got interrupted as the doorbell rang, it quite startled me, i wasn't expecting any guests at this hour. with my anxiousness holding my hand, i slowly walk to the door. the most unexpected thing appeared in front of my eyes. on my doorstep, was my long time close friend, alpha. alpha was never really a hanging out kind of person, after school he went home and came back to cause chaos at school the next day. only rarely he went out with the whole group, but it has never been just the two of us. i don't think he's ever seen my house, let alone seen me outside the school gates. my thoughts were distracting me from the problem on my doorstep, alpha was.....crying? though he didn't look like it, he just tried to hide it but i could see the tear stained cheeks. i must've been stuck, i just stood there.

"can i- um can i come in?" he sniffed. i quickly nodded as i made way.

"you poor thing, its raining cats and dogs out there, let me grab you a towel" i said as i quickly reached into the cabinet under the sink, walking back to alpha. without noticing i started drying his hair, holding onto the back of his neck as i did. it was a habit i had, but then i saw alpha's gaze on me...he wasn't looking in my eyes..he was looking....

"sorry..." i said before i cleared my throat, handing him the towel after and walking towards the couch. i couldn't make eye contact, but i felt alpha look at me as i walked away. alpha soon joined me and sat next to me as he hid his face in the towel.

"what brings you here? you know my doors are always open for you but if you would've told me beforehand i could've-" i started.

"delta broke up with me" alpha interrupted. there was a silence of shock as i looked at him surprised, he just nodded.

"i know, take your time" he said.

"nono! um- im so sorry alpha...i know she meant alot to you" i tried to comfort.

"she did, but i don't know how to feel...as much as i loved her, she was a pretty bad girlfriend. still theres this feeling of loss in my chest" alpha says."i guess i needed to be with someone for now"

"im glad you came, ill get you something warm to drink" i said as i stood up, but suddenly i felt his hand hold mine, like a true gentleman.

"don't go" he said, i nodded as i sat back down.

"if you don't mind me asking, why didn't you reach out to akkar? i thought he was your best friend?" i asked him carefully.

"akkar likes delta, i needed someone who could agree on the stuff i didnt enjoy" he answered, making me stop for a second.

"wait... how did you know i didn't like delta?" i questioned, which made him slightly chuckle, at least i got a laugh out of him.

"oh please i saw the way you looked at her every lunch, im sure even she knows"

"good" i say softly, which made alpha chuckle again. there was a little bit of silence until i asked him exactly what was playing in my mind.

"but...delta didn't treat you right at all, you deserve way better and you know you do..so why are you sad?" i spoke out, careful with words since i didnt want to hurt his feelings even more.

"well...i don't know, i was never really loved before so i guess i feel a bit of loss...let it be for love or attention in general" alpha sighed, resting his head against the couch.

"im kind of glad you're out of it..there was no love left in that relationship" i said.

"i know....my love was somewhere else" he said as he sat back up to face me.

"then why are you sad?" i blurted out, the eyecontact got the best of me in that moment.

"because it's unrealistic" he said emotionless, like he had been keeping that for months. though i knew he didn't mean anything by it, my heart still clutched a little. just with the thought of seeing him with someone else again.

"the person who has my heart is too good, too sweet." alpha started, i was looking at the floor, trying to think about anyone who can be too good for him. then, he spoke words i will never forget.

"almost......prince like" my eyes widened as i made eyecontact with him, at school im known as the prince, this couldn't be a coincidence. i felt heat go through every inch of my body as my heartbeat fastened. suddenly, alpha caught my lips in a romantic kiss. it was like he dove in, swept me right off my feet without me realizing it. i kissed back immediately, but my head was in a completely different space. so many questions formed into my brain, did he really mean this? is he just coping? is he ready? am i ready? what if the rest disaprove? my thoughts were stopped as i felt alpha grab onto my hand and place it on the side of his face. he then disconnected his lips from mine, our foreheads rested against eachother as he listened to eachother's breathing. i pulled away and rubbed my thumb over his cheek. i just needed a moment to look at him, apparently i looked very shocked as i saw alpha smile a bit.

"have i ever told you the story about the prince and the wolf?" alpha said, as distracted as i was, the hearts in his eyes were unmissable.

"no" i said plainly as i stared in his eyes, brown piercing through my yellow ones.

"do you know what happened to them?" he asked, voice breaking just a bit.

"i don't" i said, blinking as the eyecontact hit me right in the soul.

"i don't either" alpha shook his head. he grabbed my hand from his face and brought it infront of his face. placing a little kiss on the top of it.

"the most fun part about it is, you get to make the story yourself" he said before placing a kiss in my palm and closing my hand. he put my hand on my chest.

"i think the prince.....feels things for the wolf" i said carefully, very hypnotized by the way alpha was making me feel. it was almost a feeling of comfort, even though my nerves were out of this world. but thats just the way he makes me feel.

"what does he feel?" he asked gently, giving me a nod, which drove me over the edge.

"love" i said immediately. it was like i couldn't control my words, but i knew exactly what i wanted to say. alpha lowered his head and chuckled. when he looked back up into my eyes he had a smile on his face, one i hadn't seen before. it automatically made me smile a little too.

"and the wolf feels home at last" he said before pulling me into a kiss once more, i wanted to tell him how long ive waited for this moment, but that can wait. this kiss was different than the first, it was certain, excited, dominant. i could smell the smell of cigarettes mixed with his home scent, which only made me want to kiss him more.

.

.

i had just closed the door behind alpha, if i kept him in my house any longer things for sure would've escalated, and i dont think dior would appreciate that. i lean against the door with my back, taking in everything that just happened. my mind went back to his exact words, his facial expressions and the way his lips felt on mine. it was like a puzzle that was made for eachother. i already couldn't wait for delta's reaction at school tomorrow, or akkars either. head in the clouds i walk towards the kitchen, unable to stop smiling. there i see my dinner still waiting for me. i sigh as i walk towards it.

"you owe me dinner, kelhana"