nighshift pt 2

alpha's pov:
i opened my eyes to meet a dark, and sad looking room, it was soggy and wet. i looked around to see bars infront of my path, suddenly i remembered what happened, fuck. i sprinted to the bars and rattled them around, i yelled all the cursewords i could think of in the moment until a guard walked to me.
"SHUT THE FUCK UP. or I'll cut your tongue out." he didn't scare me, but i did shut up, my angry gaze cursing his entire next generation.
"awe, not so cool now huh? you've been sleeping for 2 days, you're not the same rogue anymore." the guard started laughing slowly, and i joined, i laughed at the thought of him trying. i grabbed the guard's collar and smashed his head against my bars.
"listen here you fuckwad, you will let me out, and i might spare your life when i escape. maybe." i whispered aggressively, before i could hurt someone more, a voice spoke.
"enough kelhana, let him go."
king dior spoke as he walked towards my cell.
"count yourself lucky" i shoved the man away from me.
"you dont actually think elas loves you, do you?" those words cut me, but i refused to show it.
"its alright Dior, i understand you're scared you are losing your power over everyone. but dont you worry, ill make a much better king than you." i tried to get into his head, but he wasn't budging.
"he's a prince kelhana, and you are? some street kid from bonfrena? that's quite the love story."
"are you here to torture me?" i asked, more in a daring way.
"its freezing, put on the cloak." and he threw a cloak onto my cell floor. it was hooded and warm, a perfect dark grey colour.
"wear it, or die. your choice." the king spoke one last time before disappearing, walking away leaving me on my own. oh, and some beaten up guard ofcourse. i put on the cloak doubtfully. but its warmth comforted me, it felt like elas, it felt like elas cuddling into my chest after a cold night. as i was lost in thought, i spot something shining on the floor. i crawl to it silently, not alarming the guards. it was a key. not sure to what, but a man can hope. i did my best reaching my arm out of the bars, and luckily for me, it worked on my first try. i rattled the key into the slot, as fast as i possibly could, for elas. it worked. holy shit it worked. quickly, i sprinted out of the cage, my hood covering my head to not be recognised. i bet the king didn't think that one through.
.
.
.
Anyk's POV:
my job searching for alpha was proven unsuccessful.
once again, i was called to the King's dorm, almost randomly, as if in a rush. and i was right, as soon as i arrived the king ordered me.
"enromal, a hooded figure was spotted in the town near the bakery, he has stolen from our goods, he has hurt the town greatly. you must return with his head speared on your sword. can i trust you?" i felt great honour rush through me. this is far more of an adventure than playing nightguard.
"but ofcourse" i bowed, and rushed out of the room. that hooded man was mine.
.
.
YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE IT, i met him as soon as i left the castle walls, right by the main entrance.
"OI" i yelled, he seemed to notice as he sped up running, and so did i. the chase felt familiar, he was really quick. and not easy to catch, i think we went through 3 different markets, at least 5 alleys and climbed on plenty of rooftops. i definitely had another rogue on my hands, what's that with me and chasing rogues nowadays? but, i noticed he was panicking, the turns he made were sloppy and messy, very unroguelike. because of that, i finally got close enough. i slashed my sword into his back slightly, just leaving a not so deep cut. but ut was enough for the cloaked man to fall on the floor, in the middle of the town's Square. we panted, as i stood infront of him boldly.
"take off the hood" i demanded, but nothing happened.
"I SAID TAKE IT OF" i yelled this time, i saw him try to stand up, but i didnt let him, not after showing me every corner of the kingdom. the edge of my sword tasted the the skin of his throat, making him sit back down, defeated. his head raised to me, if he didn't, my throat and his neck would've met personally.
i removed the mask from his face. as soon as i did, my heart ached again, and my face dropped immediately. my eyes met the dark brown ones, and his hair, again, as purple as mage's magic. and I'd recognise those bonfrenian features anywhere. i should've known.
"you?" my sword rested on the throat of the man on the floor.
"me." he spoke, before grabbing the sharpness of my sword bare handed, a tight grip moving it away from his throat. no matter how i struggled to keep it there, his dedication was too strong. the sound of the flesh in his hand tearing apart filling my ears, and the smell of his fresh blood covering my blade filling my nostrils. we screamed together, almost in harmony until my arms gave out. i fell to my knees and he rolled over, holding his hand with his other. ive never felt this powerless, i chased him for too long that my body had given up, i must be weak. my thoughts were interupted by slow clapping coming from aside me. a little further away, a crowd had formed from the chaos the evil hooded wolf had caused. townspeople, standing it utter silence as they watched their captain of the paladins and some hooded fuck-up in battle. cutting the crowd in half and nudging everyone out of their place, walked king dior, slowly clapping as he made his way just a tad bit closer.
"what a show" the king spoke as he stopped clapping. quickly i found myself kneeling to him, lowering my head in respect.
"kelhana?" he asked, almost demanding him to bow to him, he only spat towards him. earning a chuckle from the king. suddenly, i hear something metal dragging on the floor we stand on, and not much later, i find an old elven sword placed at my feet. i look up to the king, and look back before standing up with the sword. it was not just any old elven sword, it was one from alfredian history, used to kill the most striking monsters the kingdom had ever known. king dior had kicked it to me. the silence of shock on the towns square was interupted with screaming coming closer, it made alpha stand up, his wounded hand hanging loosely along his side.
"ALPHAAA!! ALPHA" the voice shouted, oh my i recognise that voice.......my mind was right. prince elas of alfreda cut through everyone as he panicked and ran through the crowd. "ELAS" alpha yelled back. elas was stopped from running into the battle field by his own brother's embrace. i saw elas struggle to get loose, to get to alpha. alpha could only gulp and look at his prince. dior made my fellow paladins hold elas in place, god forbid he meddled with the King's plans. for some reason i had a bad feeling growing in my stomach, maybe it was the fact that i was holding a sword as old as heaven itself and her trapped souls, maybe it was the look on alpha's face. king dior then raised his hand and swooped his finger. with one swift move of magic alpha was thrown against the wall harshly, falling onto the ground with a grunt.
"come on then" he spoke, oh god he is looking my way. i know i was supposed to be formal, but the only thing i was able to say was just. "huh?"
"give me a show to remember. for ALL of alfreda to remember! the day we got freed of the terror that is THE HOODED WOLF." there was only silence, though i could see the townspeople think the same as king dior. shit, i had to do something.
"he has a name" i said, taking a peek at elas, who was defenseless with his mouth covered.
"a name?? we all do. is this how we're going to personalise that dangerous monster Anyk? LET IT BE KNOWN HE HAS STOLEN FROM YOUR GOODS, SNEAKED INTO THE ROYAL CASTLE FOR GOD KNOWS WHAT. IT ENDS NOW."..........the town cheered, as if they knew what was going on. im sure they were just scared of dior. alpha was no different than usual market rogues, but alpha was a threat to the throne. i must admit, not just any throne, king dior's throne. he just wanted to be king for longer, and i knew this. so, me? kill him? as i was taking in the whole situation, looking around me to see the folk. but then, my previous wonder was answered, it was alpha's look on his face. it showed me he was trying to be brave, but he was scared. he kept looking at elas as if it was his last......who would i be.
"no" i spoke. to which the town got silent, dead silent actually. so silent i could hear my own heartbeat, fuck that, i could hear alpha's.
"foolish girl, DO IT"
"NO." and i dropped the sword. it was so loud in the tension of it all. alpha stood up from the floor, almost hopeful. i saw elas get a look of relief on his half covered face, he bit the paladins hand, and so they released him, out of panic elas ran, ran as fast as he could into the arms of alpha. the two embraced tightly, and i smiled. i noticed a bloody handstain mark elas's tunic, but he didnt care. it was my job to protect elas, and that is exactly what i am doing. i then looked at the people around us, everyone was confused, they didn't know if the hooded wolf was a friend or foe. so i took matters into my own hands.
"ALFREDA, HEAR ME SPEAK, HEART TO HEART. WE ARE STANDING INFRONT OF NO MONSTERS, THE HOODED WOLF MEANS NO HARM." i stopped for a minute to look at them, alpha's arm around elas's waist, and elas holding alpha's wounded hand.
"HIS NAME IS ALPHA KELHANA, THOUGH IT IS TRUE, HE HAS PROBABLY STOLEN FROM YOU. BUT HE IS JUST A SIMPLE ROGUE, ARE WE GOING TO EXECUTE ALL OF THE ROGUES? WHAT ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN, SIBLINGS, OR FAMILY THAT CHOSE TO BE A ROGUE? I MUST ADMIT HE HAS SNEAKED INTO THE CASTLE MORE THAN ONCE, AND I WILL ADMIT I HELPED HIM........he loves the prince, and the prince loves him.........who would i be to get in the way of love?...ARE YOU STILL SCARED OF THE HOODED WOLF? HUH? SCARED HE MIGHT....STEAL A SINGLE APPLE OR GRAPE? WELL IF YOU ARE, YOU ARE AT FAULT. BECAUSE ALPHA KELHANA WILL CONTINUE TO LIVE AND ROAM FREE"......what? where did i get that confidence? where did i get that bravery of standing up against the king. this could mean my head rolling. all of my thoughts roamed around me very visibly, i bet they were on full display. but then, i heard clapping, and cheering. to my full surprise, the town was cheering at me, and at the prince and his lover. so much support from people just wanting the best for their beloved prince. it was almost deafening, and i smiled proudly as i looked at the two in front of me. alpha gave a single nodd, but i was used to his unseriousness by now. the two looked at eachother, and alpha nodded my way "go ahead". before i knew it, the prince ran at me, embracing me tightly as he smiled "thank you anyk" i heard him repeat a million times, i hugged back carefully, since my amount of metal armour must not be comfortable against delicate prince skin.
"you make someone captain, you'd think they're ready for even the simpler requests." all eyes were on king dior, we had known we won.
"say goodbye elas."
"what?" i hear elas say, the rest went....too quickly.
with a strong hand from king dior shoving magic onto alpha, alpha yelled and knelt down in pain. elas screamed, running towards his lover in pure panic. the King's laughter echoed through the minds of everyone around, as alpha's painful screaming made its way into their mind aswell. elas caught alpha as he kept trying to fight it, but the King's magic was too powerful. though there was nothing to see physically, until elas helped alpha stand up, and blood covered his clothing near his heart. but elas knew that far too well where that was placed, and started unbuttoning his blouse. i saw him try to stop the prince, at first i thought he was refusing help, but i found out it had a much deeper purpose. they looked at eachother.
"DONT even think about it kelhana, i am NOT losing you because you refuse to show your chest to people. calm down, ive seen it before" somehow passive aggressive, but ive learned that's the way alpha will listen. elas showed the people a scar, three claw marks embedded into his skin, bloody as a hellspawn river. elas was panicking. quickly, he started chanting in an acient language, hovering his hands over alpha's scar. but before he could finish his sentence, a loud battle yell was heard from a little further away, but it all went too quickly to distinguish from where it came. i then saw a man, with black hair and purple highlights sprint over the battlefield, and he jumped, god he could jump high. he tackled the king to the ground, locking him in place and scolding him in.....spanish? king dior stopped his magic, and alpha's wound was closed shut, just like that. alpha felt around, and his smile grew back, but it wasn't joyful, it was cunning. alpha quickly stood up, too fast for elas to hold him back, i didnt dare to interfere. i saw him pick up the old alfredian sword beside me, and i heard small gasps of fear from around me, he must've looked a little too confident. everyone backed up as alpha stomped his way towards the king. he picked up the purple streaked man by the collar, off of the king.
"thanks brother, ill take it from here." he spoke. the so called brother made a fighting gesture to scare the king and walked away, that was quite brave of him. as king dior was about to stand up, he was met with a blade against his throat, making him lay back down.
"you have been pestering, neglecting and hurting your brother for years, its my turn to protect him, and you gotta learn that well. he. is. mine." but the king only laughed.
"you will regret saving yourself kelhana, i will never stop" and with that, the king teleported himself away. not a trace of him around. no clue of where he would go. i watched as the glad look in alpha's eyes changed into an angry one. i saw elas walk towards him, placing a hand in his. alpha's gaze softened immediately, as if elas swooped all frustration out of his very being. elas guided him to the middle of the square, everyone just watched in curiosity as the prince held the man's hand. he turned to him, both their focus on nothing else but eachother.
"joon." elas started, which gave me a bit of chills i couldn't explain.
"from this day forward, you are no hooded wolf, you are no common rogue, you are my love, you are real, you are my happy ending." elas spoke, as if giving a speech for everyone to hear.
"damn right" alpha smiled, which made me chuckle, and the crowd too. their lips connected, and the sword alpha held fell to the floor. everyone cheered, but nobody as loud as me, except for the so called brother of alpha, who was climbing on top of everyone and cheering as loud as possible. the kingdom celebrated as they watched their prince and his love share a kiss, it was a never before seen sight in the kingdom for two gentlemen to share such a kiss, so as a celebration of freedom, the crowd threw them flowers, freshly picked from our marketstall full. id be sure to pay for that later. the brother of alpha slipped past me and tackled alpha to the ground. alpha let go of elas's waist just in time or it would've been the three of them on the hard floor.
"DUDE!" he whined as he straddled alpha.
"thanks" he answered, he pretty much saved his life back there anyway.
"ahhhh you would've done the same for me" to which alpha smiled and shrugged.
"eh"