down by the willow

this is kinda in a different storyline cuz they're not kings in this story, so if it helps..IT NEVER HAPPENED? i guess?

"don't be insane alpha, nothing is gonna happen to you!" akkar says as he finishes putting his shoes on.

"i know i know i just...im serious akkar. if something were to happen i want you to promise to keep elas and the cubs safe, is that too much to ask from my best buddy?" alpha asked. akkar grew silent for a few seconds.

"no ofcourse not, its just difficult to imagine a world without you...thats all" akkar said sad. alpha scoffed as he saw the emotions in akkars face. he quickly put his arm over his shoulder and held him close playfully.

"don't be so down bestie, im here anyway." alpha smiled and akkar chuckled back.

"yeah, and im glad you are alphie" akkar said, mocking elas in the meantime. alpha raised his eyebrows and headlocked akkar, he ruffled his hair aggressively. both alpha and akkar laughed loudly.

"only elas gets to call me that! say sorry! quickly" alpha said inbetween the chaos, akkar quickly apologizing and being let go. the two looked at eachother still letting out small chuckles.

"is that an agreement then?" alpha asked. akkar sighed before nodding his head.

"i promise"

.

.

.

.

it has been a while since that conversation, but it was now all akkar could ever think about anymore. alpha had passed away several months ago, leaving his loved ones behind unwillingly. alpha had gone on a harmless mission alone, which wasn't out of place for the elf at all. during his mission he ran into an unwanted enemy, koryn. he didn't know who it was since he was wearing a cloak, and alpha didn't think it was smart to leave someone alone in the woods. as soon as he tapped on their shoulder he was met with a dagger in his stomach. the merciless smile of koryn being the last sight he saw. akkar was laying in his bed in the shared house of elas, the cubs and himself. he stayed there to take care of elas and the kids when elas couldn't himself. lenore and dupin missed their daddy alot, but most of the time just didn't understand what was going on. ofcourse akkar, anyk, saint and armus were broken at the news. they were still grieving, but the one hit by it most was ofcourse none other than elas kelhana. akkar was doing a great job helping the kelhana's mourn. he let elas talk to him often, he distracted the kids, cooked and cried with elas when they needed it. today akkar was missing alpha a little extra. he got up and called anyk.

"hey honey, goodmorning" anyk said through the phone.

"morning love, could u do me a favor?"

"ofcourse, whats up?"

"can you come over here with the childproof practice swords as soon as possible?"

anyk blew air through her nose at the sudden request.

"ofcourse i can, be right there"

"thanks, love you" akkar said before hanging up. just then elas walked up to him still tired. startling akkar.

"who was that?" elas said sleepy. akkar clutched his heart before turning around.

"THAT was anyk because today, i wanna make the kids feel happy so im bringing the fighting master in." he smiled elas smiled back.

"thanks uncle akkar" he said before leaving for the living room.

"oh by the way." akkar started, making elas rewind and walk back.