Now I'm cute like you! Revenant x Pathfinder

Not Requested

Plot: Path tries on Revenant's scarf for the first time.

(A/N): The beginning is angsty until Pathfinder shows up. I'm just trying my best to stick with the canon Revenant.

Revenant's POV

I inspected the sharp, metal blade as it was softly dragged across my fingers. It didn't hurt, but I wish it did.

I hate being stuck in this nightmare, where I can't die eternally, and I have to relive every death, all the pain, over and over again.

Looking in the mirror, I see Kaleb, the man I was before I became a monster. But no one else can see it. Only me.

Kaleb must die.

I must die.

These worthless skinsuits don't seem to get it. That because of Loba, I will never die. They want me dead, but it won't happen.

Except for that tin can, Pathfinder. He doesn't hate me, or want me dead. He probably doesn't even know that I WANT to die. He's too sweet and innocent to see that within me.

But I don't love him. I can't love. I'm a dead murderer. Love shouldn't matter.

So why do I care?

Pathfinder is too naive to see that we shouldn't be friends, but he considers me one.

How can a machine have compassion for a murderer?

But those feelings...when he's around, I experience feelings I didn't know I could still experience.

I...don't want to kill him...

I...don't want to hurt him...

I...

No, I don't love him.

I groaned, walking to my door as I wanted to leave and find Loba. Make her get what she deserves...

But as I opened the door, someone was in front of me, as though they were just about to knock.

"Oh my!" They pipped up. The voice was robotic yet cheerful. "Hi friend Revenant!"

Of course it was Pathfinder.

I looked into his optic, which didn't seem lifeless like the most MRVN's did. "What the h- What do you want?"

"I wanted to come in and hang out with you, friend!" Pathfinder cheered. "Bangalore told me to be careful, but I don't think you'll hurt anyone!"

I growled, "Whatever. I don't care..."

His emotion box displayed smiley faces and hearts. "Yay!"

He walked in and looked at me. "How was your day, Revenant?"

I shrugged, "Not that it matters, but today's been fine. I was going to find Loba until you interrupted me."

He displayed a sad emoji. "Oh, I'm sorry. You can talk to her now."

"No, it's fine. That can wait." I assured the blue robot. "At least you hate me less than that girlie..."

"But I don't hate you, friend! I love you!"

The strange feeling came back, and I felt like my systems were overheating. Is he...trying to kill me?

"Revenant, are you okay?" Pathfinder asked with concern in his tone. "You are making overheating noises! It could damage your systems!"

I backed away from him. "Shut up, I'm fine."

He perked up, "Oh, okay!" Then a question mark appeared on his computer. "Friend, can I wear your scarf?"

He wants my scarf? "Why the hell would you ask me that?"

"I wanted to try it on! It looks nice on you, so can I wear it?" Path asked again.

"No." I answered. I didn't need him to see my bald head without the scarf.

Pathfinder didn't give up though. "Please friend? I just want to try it on!"

I growled, "Fine. But if you laugh at me, I'll scrap you." I threw the scarf at his optic.

He placed both of his hands where the scarf was, and repositioned it so he could see.

The dumbass I simp for faced me. "Wow Revenant, you look good without your scarf! But It still looks great on you!"

I smirked as he looked in the mirror. Within seconds, star-struck emojis were on his screen, and he clapped in joy.

"Look Revenant! Now I'm cute like you!"

Cute?! "I-I'm not cute, tin can!"

Pathfinder then gave me a hug. "Yes you are, friend!"

My systems were so heated that I could feel myself melt from the inside out.

I scoffed, and mumbled, "You were cute before you wore the scarf..."