My hypothesis was correct...I do love you... Caustic x Assistant!Reader

Requested by Coffee_T0ffee

Plot: (Y/N) helps Dr. Caustic run some interesting experiments, and both legends discover the cause of Alexander's strange symptoms.

Narrator POV

"Mx. (L/N), I request that you give me chemical 69." The male asked. "I would like to note what happens when I inject it into Octane's bloodstream."

The daredevil's eyes widened, as he struggled to be free from the chain. "No, por favor! Don't do this amigo!"

(Y/N) smirked. "Of course, doctor." They opened a cabinet filled with multiple different chemicals, and spotted chemical 69, pouring the substance into a syringe.

As chemical 69 was put into the syringe, (Y/N) handed the syringe to the sociopathic doctor. "I expect to see some...marvelous results..."

He administered the chemical, the syringe releasing the drug into Octavio's body. The demon cried out in pain, begging to be let go.

(Y/N) almost felt bad for the young man, and wanted to free him. But more importantly, they wanted to help Caustic.

"I created this chemical with the intention to interrupt the normal behavior of a human test subject. If my hypothesis is correct, Octane will become violent quite soon." Alexander predicted.

"And if he doesn't?" (Y/N) challenged their doctor's idea.

Caustic smirked, "Then new discoveries will be made. Send Octavio Silva to Crypto's room, and lock the door. I want to see that boy suffer..."

The gender neutral legend nodded, "Yes doctor!"

(Y/N) dragged Octane by chains into Crypto's room. As the room was filled with three, (Y/N) freed Octane from the handcuffs, and left the room, locking the door.

Before they left, the Korean male was confused, yet in fear of what he saw within Octane. As to what happened? No one can say for sure...

Caustic's assistant returned to his lab.

Alex smiled, "Congratulations Mx. (L/N). Your performance throughout this procedure was optimal."

(Y/N)'s cheeks turned a light shade of pink as they were flattered by such recognition.

Until a thought came into their mind. "Alex, how are we going to know what happened? We didn't place a camera in Crypto's room..."

Alexander Nox sighed, "That's...true. But I have placed a device in his room which records audio. I will enjoy hearing him scream in pure agony, like the boy deserves..."

(Y/N) grinned, "As always, your experiments are well-planned."

"Thank you." Replied the doctor. He then glanced away, seemingly nervous. "(Y/N)..."

The other raised an eyebrow in surprise. Caustic had never called them by their first name!

"Yes sir?" They asked.

Caustic took a deep breath. "One more experiment needs to be run today..."

"Of course-" (Y/N) agreed to his words, but was interrupted.

"But this time, I am the test subject."

They expressed confusion. "What kind of experiment will we be conducting, Alexander?"

"They are related to human emotions. Initially worthless in my opinion, but they seem to be affecting me..." The doctor responded.

"Well, everyone has feelings, but, what are you talking about?" (Y/N) questioned.

Caustic blushed underneath his mask. "I have noticed physical changes occur within my body whenever I am near a specific individual. My palms accumulate sweat, temperature in my facial area rises, and my speech is somewhat hindered when I am especially close to them, or if questionable scenarios involving them play through my mind..."

They gasped, "Sir?"

"I denied this at first, but after further research, I have concluded that I am in love...such a weak emotion, yet it feels comforting..." He explained.

(Y/N) was shocked that Caustic was in love, but also sad, knowing that he probably didn't love them. But to (Y/N), they decided to help Alexander. "W-Well, okay! What is my first step?"

Caustic removed his mask, and his flushed expression was revealed to his partner. "(Y/N)..."

Both legends were now flustered. Secretly, (Y/N) found Caustic to be quite attractive under the mask.

"Come closer to me..." He requested.

The assistant obeyed his orders, coming into closer proximity with him.

"A-Alex?"

He pulled them in closer, until (Y/N) was sitting on top of the doctor, their legs wrapped around him, surprising the younger legend.

His normal speech changed. "(Y/N)...I-I...kiss me..."

They blushed deeply, looking away first, before leaning into to kiss the doctor passionately.

Alexander melted into the kiss, enjoying each and every second of it, until (Y/N) broke away, and gasped for air.

"A-Alex...that was amazing..." (Y/N) confessed.

He chuckled, "Then I suppose...My hypothesis was correct...I do love you..."

"I love you too~" They kissed him once again.