Why choose me? Revenant x Pathfinder

Revenant's POV

I don't get it.

There are so many options for Pathfinder. He could have dated literally ANYONE, but he chose me?

Why?

I still remember the day he confessed his feelings for me. The robot waiting under a orange-leafed tree. How cliche.

Flashback

"I love you, friend Revenant!" Pathfinder exclaimed.

"Yeah, you love everyone." I replied.

He looked down, his emotion box changing from a happy face to one with hearts filling the screen. "Yes, but not the way I love you, friend! I want to be in a romantic relationship with you!" He explained cheerfully.

What? How could he feel anything positive about me?

Though I had to say something, Pathfinder was eager to hear my answer. He patiently waited for me to speak, with pure curiousity.

"I- ugh, stupid MRVN." I mumbled. I got closer to Pathfinder. "Fine. I love you too."

He beamed with joy, his emotion box expressing that very clearly. He pulled me in for a hug.

I was shocked at first, but eased up, letting Path hug me. It felt...nice.

"I am so happy, friend! Will you be my boyfriend?" Path asked eagerly.

Me? His boyfriend? Whatever.

"Sure. We're boyfriends now, or whatever..." I accepted. I can't say no to the stupid tin can. With his cute emojis, always being happy. Ugh.

I really do love him.

End of Flashback

"Boyfriend? Are you okay?" Pathfinder questioned me. "You have been staring at that symbol on your hand for an hour now." He noted.

I don't understand how he can love me.

"Path, why choose me?" I asked my boyfriend. "Why would you want to date someone like me? I am a nightmare. I have killed so many skinsuits, traumatized countless others, and I have hurt you in the past, so many times. Why would you love me?"

Pathfinder speculated my question for a second, then answered, "Because you aren't as bad as you believe, friend."

"I have met a lot of people, but they treat me as inferior to other, because they believe that I am an emotionless MRVN." He told me.

Him? An emotionless MRVN? I'll kill anyone who says that about Pathfinder...

"But you are different. You treat me like we are equals. You don't act like I have less value than the others just because I am a robot." Pathfinder explained.

"I care about you, Revenant. I don't want you to be in pain or sad. No one deserves that. It does not matter what you have done, friend. I still love you!" Pathfinder gushed.

The blue robot who is my boyfriend holds my hand and leans in for a "kiss." We don't have lips, but he made up a special kiss. Like forehead bump almost.

I gaze at Path. He can't tell, but deep down, I am grateful for his cheesy speech.

"You are really good at making life less tiring." I joke to the smaller robot.

"Thanks Revenant! I am glad you are happy!" Replied my boyfriend.

Who knew someone made of metal could be more kind than an actual skinsuit?