Experiments... Caustic x Scientist!Reader

(This oneshot will include the mention of Octane x Rampart.)

Narrator POV

Caustic searched for (Y/N), as he wanted to ask the other scientist if they would be interested in researching new chemicals with him. But the question lied; where was (Y/N)?

Your POV

This is fun! Horizon invited Wattson and I to get coffee, but we mainly were discussing our creations. Wattson's pylon and Horizon's gravity lift are amazing inventions!

"Mary, I really like your technology! So cool!" I exclaimed.

"Aw, thank ya darling." Replied Horizon.

Then I realized something, "Wait, Alexander is a scientist. Why did we not invite him?" I asked curiously.

Natalie looked away, and I could tell that she was upset. "I don't want to be near Dr. Caustic right now, pardon."

"Yeah, sorry love. I decided not to invite him because I didn't want her to be upset." Horizon spoke, referring to Wattson.

I stood up. "Well, I did enjoy our time together, but I want to go see Caustic right now. Sorry."

"It's quite alright, dearie. We understand," Horizon responded with a smile. Wattson was still looking away.

Caustic's POV

Where are they? Dr. (Y/N) has a valuable scientific mind, so I must collaborate with them. They are the only scientist in the Apex games that approves of my company.

As I walked to my lab, thinking about where (Y/N) could be, I spotted them across the hallway. "(Y/N), I have a request for you..." I stated. They turned around when they heard my voice.

"Huh? What is it, Alex?" They asked. Normally, I would dislike being referred to by a simple name, but for some reason, I was not upset.

"Are you interested in conducting some experiments with me in my lab?" I offered. This is an activity we have participated in with each other in past times. I predict they will accept my offer.

"Sure, yeah!" They replied happily.

Timeskip 30 minutes

Narrator POV

(Y/N) and Dr. Caustic ran multiple tests on new experimental gases the older doctor was planning to use in future matches.

"There is one last chemical that requires further testing," Alexander Nox announced. "I tested it on Mr. Silva two weeks ago, and he exhibited...questionable symptoms." The doctor explained nervously.

"Like what?" (Y/N) curiously asked.

"He...experienced strange emotions. He was already in love with Ramya, but this chemical..." The male doctor paused while holding the vial in his hand. "I have theorized that it amplified those feelings."

Your POV

Huh? It sounds like some type of love potion, almost. Well, this will be fun to use. I have always wanted to know who Wraith loves. She is quite secretive.

"Well, I know who we can test it on-"

Caustic's POV

Before (Y/N) could finish their sentence, the room began to shake, causing me to fall forward and drop the vial.

"Must have been turbulence." I assumed. "Shall we con-"

I stopped speaking when I noticed that (Y/N) also was knocked over, and the vial broke, spilling the chemical on them.

Narrator POV

Caustic quickly rushed to (Y/N) to make sure they were okay.

"(Y/N), are you alright?" He asked with much concern. Although the scientist did not show it, he did truly care for them.

Your POV

I slowly opened my eyes, and the first thing I saw was Alexander.

Wow. He suddenly became way more attractive, and he already was! Why do I want to...kiss him so badly?

"Hey~" I say to Caustic.

"(Y/N), I apologize, but I spilt the chemical on you that need further testing, and I think-" I cut off Caustic while he was speaking by taking off his mask and kissing him on the lips.

Caustic looked shocked for a moment, then melted into the kiss. Aw, he is so cute~

I broke away from the kiss and said, "You liked that, huh darling~" As I stroked his cheek.

Alexander turned red, likely from embarrassment. "Aw, what's wrong? Is my little doctor too shy?~" I purred.

"(Y/N), th-this isn't you. You don't love me!" Shouted the doctor. He must have been anxious to tell me.

"But I have been in love with you for so long~" I confess, as I kiss him again.

Caustic's POV

There is no way that (Y/N) feels this way about me. I am certain this is because of the chemical.

Or maybe...they do have feelings for me...

Timeskip 9 hours (Morning)

I was awake for the last two hours, watching over (Y/N) after they passed out.

Suddenly, I saw them move, and they asked, "Ugh, wh-what happened?"

Did they truly not remember? Well, this can be a story for a different time.

"(Y/N), we were...just conducting some...Experiments..." I told them.

(A/N): Done! Also, what happened was that (Y/N) and Caustic were kissing a lot, that's all!