High five, friend? Revenant x Pathfinder

Narrator POV

Revenant finished the last legend in the enemy squad. It was easy for him, considering that he chose the R-301, a very good choice of a gun to use in fights, and with the addition of the Longbow DMR, he was a dangerous legend.

Of course, Revenant was not alone. His team included Octane and Pathfinder.

Pathfinder. The only legend that didn't hate or fear Revenant. The smaller robot was always kind to the taller robot. Path saw the good in Revenant that no one else saw. Revenant was not used to someone liking him, but overtime, he began to fall in love with the MRVN. And how could he not? Pathfinder was innocent and friendly, traits that Revenant secretly liked about Path.

At times, Revenant could not focus with him on the same time. He made Revenant feel things that the synthetic nightmare himself didn't know he could still feel.

Pathfinder's POV

"Evo shield here, level 5!" I pinged this for Octane, as Revenant already had the same shield. Although my evo shield was at level 2 and my friend Octane's was at level 3, I need to help my friends!

"Nah Pathy, take the evo shield, you earned it amigo!" Octane told me.

"Okay, thanks friend!" I thanked Octane.

"Anytime, brother!" Replied Octane. He is a nice friend.

I saw my friend Revenant looking in my direction.

I really enjoy being on a team with him! He is my best friend...well, second best, Elliott is my first best friend!

I turned to Revenant, "Hi friend! Do you need something?" I asked.

"It's- nothing. None of your business..." Revenant told me before turning his head away. Is he alright?

Revenant's POV

Why does this stupid MRVN have to be so cute? Ugh. And he wants to be my friend? I'd call him pathetic, but I don't need him being sad while fighting. But...he isn't even pathetic, his attempts at friendship are adorable, but how can Path want to be around me?

Timeskip 8 minutes

We made it to the top 3. What a pity.

I spotted one of the enemy squads while traveling through the sorting factory. They didn't see me. Good.

"Enemy right there," I told Octane and Pathfinder.

Pathfinder's POV

Wow! I can't wait to destroy more enemies. Revenant just spotted a squad! Fortunately, I can hit them with my Sentinel. I aimed my Sentinel and...

BAM

"Enemy downed!" I exclaimed.

"¡Muy bien, amigo! I will kill the other two!" Yelled Octane.

"Wait friend Octane, there is-" But before I could finish, the second enemy squad fired at him. Oh no!

"Argh, I'm downed! No bueno..." Octane said. This is a problem.

Revenant's POV

Stupid skinsuit. Didn't he know there was another squad? Well, we don't need him.

The enemy squads began to fight each other. Perfect. I set down my death totem, "Join me in the shadows!"

Narrator's POV

There was now one enemy squad remaining. Revenant and Pathfinder already turned into shadows.

The enemy Bloodhound destroyed their shadow forms, but not before getting downed.

As the duo spawned back at the totem, Revenant rushed back to the enemy squad, and began shooting, while Pathfinder used a syringe.

Big mistake. Revenant was immediately downed, and the Bloodhound was revived.

"Pathfinder, the whole squad is here!" He shouted for the blue robot to hear.

Pathfinder's POV

Oh no, Revenant is in trouble! I quickly grappled to his location, and pulled out my Volt SMG to kill the enemies!

Revenant's POV

There is no way he will survive. It's him against THREE legends! How-

"Enemy down!" Said Pathfinder.

I looked in his direction as he downed another enemy, who was Loba. Heh, I'll have to talk with her later and that source code...

"Downed another enemy!"

How could he still be alive? His shields were broken, and his health is almost gone!

I spotted the enemy about to end Pathfinder with a Wingman.

"Behind you!" I yelled.

He turned around to face the enemy, he dodged the bullet by grappling a few meters away. He wall jumped, spun around, and headshot the last skinsuit with his Sentinel.

"Attention. This is your champion." We heard from the announcer.

"Yay! We won!" Exclaimed the MRVN.

"How did you do any of that?" I questioned with a harsh tone.

"I have been practicing a lot, friend!" Pathfinder replied. Then he raised his hand and said,

"High five, friend?"

Why not humor him? I highfived the robot.

"I'm not thanking you for the win..." I mumbled.

"You're welcome! I love you too!" He replied with a cheerful attitude.

I internally blushed. I was used to him saying that, to anyone really, but this time, he caught me off guard.

"Yeah yeah, whatever tin can." I told him.

Narrator's POV

But after all that, if Revenant could, he would be smiling.