You impress me each day, love... Horizon x Reader

Requested by Abradeo

Plot: The reader tries to impress Horizon, but ends up failing. Horizon still appreciates the effort.

(A/N): Implied Miragehound

Your POV

I can still remember the first day I met her.

Mary Somers, better known as Horizon.

She's just so...perfect.

When we talk, my heart melts as I hear her voice, and that charming Scottish accent. Everytime she laughs, butterflies fill my stomach, and my face turns red.

I'd do anything to get her to love me. I really want to impress her, so she will finally notice me, and maybe...I'll have a chance at dating her...

But to impress her...

What should I do?

Narrator POV

As (Y/N) pondered numerous ideas of how to impress the female scientist, Horizon herself was in the lounging room, talking with Elliott Witt.

"Dinnae fret, Elliott, I'm sure that whoever ye fancy feels the same way towards ya." Mary assured her younger friend, one who she even thought of as a son of her own. "So, who is this little crush of yours anyways, dearie?"

Mirage chuckled nervously, "I-I'm not sure if I can say, Mom- I-I MEAN MARY!" He covered his face in embarrassment. "S-Sorry..."

"Och, it's alright dear!" She smiled. "How about if I tell ye who I like, then you can tell me! How does that sound, petal?"

The sexuality-questioning male nodded. "Uh, okay!"

Horizon blushed, "In truth, I fancy (Y/N)..."

The trickster gasped, "Really? Wow! I um, I love Bloodhound..."

The scottish woman snickered, "I knew it deep down, love. But don't worry, I promise to keep it as our little secret~"

"Right back at you, Ms. Somers! I-I mean...Dr. Somers..." Elliott face palmed.

The duo talked and laughed for a while, enjoying each other's company.

But while the mother and son conversated, (Y/N) had developed their plan for impressing Horizon.

They walked into the lounge, greeting both legends. "Hey Mirage! Hey Horizon!"

Mirage made the 😏 face as he looked at the female's flushed face.

"Och, (Y/N)!" Horizon waved. "Nice to see you!"

The gender neutral legend grinned, nervously scratching the back of their head. They felt anxious to impress.

"You know Mary, I can carry you with ease. I'm really strong!" They claimed.

Horizon chuckled, "Really dearie?"

(Y/N) nodded, "Yup! Want me to prove it?"

The red haired legend thought to herself for a moment, before responding with, "Sure thing! I'll bet that this'll be easy!"

(Y/N) blushed, picking up Horizon, but not with the ease they claimed to have. "O-Oh yeah! I've got you!"

Horizon seemed concerned, "Darlin', you can put me down now-"

"Whaaaat? No way! I could do this all day!" They began running around the room, while still holding their female crush.

Only seconds later, (Y/N) dropped to the floor as they ran out of energy, releasing Horizon as she landed on the ground.

Both legends were disoriented, until (Y/N) stood up, and gasped, "Oh my god! I-I'm so sorry Horizon!" They offered a hand to help her out.

"I-I was just trying to impress you!" They confessed.

She took their hand, and lifted herself up, giggling.

This confused the other. "Wh-What's so funny Mary?"

She stopped giggle. "Och (Y/N)...You impress me each day, love..."