It's not a malfunction; it's love... Crypto x Pathfinder

Not Requested

Plot: Crypto fixes Pathfinder when he supposedly is "malfunctioning."

Narrator POV

The MRVN had been feeling strange lately.

His systems were at a much higher temperature than usual, and his emotion box was exhibiting the same emojis.

Hearts.

It was strange. How wondered why only hearts would appear, and what the cause of this truly was.

The glitchy computer only started having problems after Tae Joon Park, commonly known as Crypto, had joined the games.

Crypto took up lots of Pathfinder's thoughts, and he never understood why, but he did know it was becoming a problem. It affected the kind blue robot's ability to fight in battle properly. Other legends had noticed his decrease in performance, and hoped someone could fix him.

Wattson attempted to help once, but she was overall unsuccessful, despite being friends with MRVNs for her entire life.

Legends like Caustic and Revenant were especially annoyed with this inconvenience, assuming Pathfinder was on the same team as them.

Pathfinder didn't understand what was wrong with himself.

Was he broken?

Was he a defect?

Or maybe...this is part of being a human.

Pathfinder himself isn't a human, but he was the first MRVN that could feel human emotions, which is why he felt a need to have so many friends. Pathfinder wanted to make people happy.

But now, he had to focus on himself.

The MRVN figured that since Crypto is handy with technology, he can determine what is wrong with the robot.

He walked to Crypto's room, and knocked on the door, waiting for a response.

The hacker wasn't busy at the moment, and quickly answered with, "Ya, come in!"

After being granted permission to enter, Pathfinder opened Crypto's door, and entered the room.

"Hi Crypto!" He greeted the Korean male. "Nice room!"

The younger male chuckled, "Thanks. Do you need anything?"

Pathfinder nodded, "I have been feeling very strange lately! Since you are good with technology, I figured you might be able to help!"

Tae raised an eyebrow. "Perhaps I can, but why didn't you ask Wattson? She is better with inspecting machinery than I am."

"But she couldn't do it, which is why I am asking you, friend!" Pathfinder exclaimed.

Crypto sighed, "If she can't do it, then neither can I..."

"Don't think that, friend!" Pathfinder encouraged the Asian. "I believe in you!"

This gave the human male confidence, knowing that someone special to him cared. "Alright then. Let me run some tests..."

Pathfinder clapped his hands in joy, and sat down, admiring Hack as they flew around the room.

At one point of the experiments, Tae had to get especially close to Pathfinder, and inspect his arm. He noted that the MRVN seemed to have odd reactions to being close to him.

"Alright then, I...I think I figured it out..." Crypto determined.

Pathfinder gave Crypto a thumbs-up. "Well, what is my diagnosis, doctor?"

"It's not a malfunction; it's love...You're in love."

"Yes, I love all of my friends!" The cheerful mechanical mind perked up.

The shorter one face-palmed. "No, not that kind of love. There is someone who you have romantic feelings for. The one person you think about all the time. Who is it?"

"Oh, that's an easy one, Tae!" The MRVN exclaimed. "It would be you!"

Tae's face heated up, "Wh-What?"

"Yes Crypto! I love you!"