29

Mrs. Humphrey gave me the day off without batting an eye. I don't think she takes me seriously though but I guess it's understandable or it could be she appreciates my teaching since no one in my class failed and I was proud of them. Anyways even without cheating my students were smart. I was just making their highschool life fun and not stressing and it's not always that I turn around during the tests and I make sure that they atleast understood the lessons.

"Morgan!"

"Kayla!" We squealed as we embraced each other like we haven't seen each other for a long time. Last time I saw her was a few months ago, she was starting a campaign of something somewhere.

She looked way better than before. Despite being busy all the time, she made sure to have time to go to the gym.

Kayla's then shoulder length hair was now longer and tied to a high pony tail. She looked really good in her beige jogger pants and white tank top.

"Ew, are you checking me out? We don't do that here," she joked.

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "It's fucking good to see you again Kayla."

Cam

"What?!" I exlaimed.

"We want you to marry Lady Morgan," my mother replied while my father was nodding in agreement behind her.

"You're the Queen, you are supposed to tell me not to marry someone I just met one time.

"I'm not Elsa, I am your mother. And how sure are you that you haven't met before?"

I raised an eyebrow and looked at Matthew Holton who looked nervous, giving me a sly smile. I gave him the you are dead look.

"But she isn't directly related to the kingdom or have a royal blood," I tried.

"Our laws does not excempt anyone from marrying into the royal family as long as they have good character."

This can't be happening.

"I don't have any decisions on this don't I?"

"No."

"But she doesn't even like me."

"That's why you better bring something nice tomorrow," she added.

Morgan

As soon as I stepped on the hallways with Kayla beside me, all eyes were on me. It wasn't bad with all the stares when I was in highschool but this was different. They were grinning while whispering with their friends.

"Woah girl, you're quite popular as a teacher."

"I don't think it's me," I whispered.

It was me. Their eyes were on me and not at Kayla.

Why?

"What's going on?" My bestfriend asked as we steppwd into the hallway.

"Do I look like I fucking know?"

Halfway through my classroom, Mrs. Humphrey popped out of nowhere, her round glasses resting on the bridge of her nose and grinning as she saw me and Kayla.

"Oh Kayla. It's nice to see you again," she offers her hand to Kayla.

"Likewise Mrs. Humphrey. How are you?"

"Doing good thanks for asking," she smiled then return her gaze at me. "Well, congratulations Morgan, didn't know you still kept in touch" she patted my back before walking away.