36

It has been more than a month since our unexpected talk and everything was beginning to be perfect. We've opened up to one another, apologized and got to know each other better.

I've finally found out how Cam's mother knew about us even before Mat's confession. I have my best friend to thank for that. She apparently met the Queen a long time ago for one of her meeting and ended telling about our past. I don't know how one formal gathering ended up being a time of chit chats.

Now the pretending has ended, it was much easier to walk around with nothing to worry about concerning my feelings. No more why the hell did you leave me Cam mental outrage. If I were asked if this is how my life would be like, I wouldn't believe you.

Wait, I'm not even sure Cam would want to spend the rest of her life with me, silly me.

I would be okay with it though and she has been sweet the whole time and wouldn't dare mess around with her responsibilitoes and me while her mother was occasionally checking in on us. It was cute. Seeing her in work-mode was hot, really hot.

"Babe, check this out." Cameron called out. We were gathered in the archery field today and everyone was busy with aiming for the target. Not me of course, I passed up on the activity because I felt exhausted even though I was unproductive. I didn't know what was wrong with me but I felt light headed.

"Are you okay babe?" Cam asked worriedly. It must be how quiet I am or the look on my face. I gave her a gentle smile and a tap on her back to affirm her.

The Queen was focused, her target five hundred feet away. Watching her made me feel nervous. Onlookers were whispering, probably thinking the same thing I was.

Will it hit the target?

My thought bubble popped as I heard claps and cheers. The arrow hit right through the middle.

"That's so cool, how did you do that?" I applaud, trying my best to stay composed.

"Well, you're looking at the former archery champion my dear," the Queen bragged. "Four times to be exact."

"Don't be fooled Morgan. She only won because all of us are bad at it," the King teased.

"You want to take that back Robert, dear? How about you run as far away as you can and I'll show," the Queen smiled.

"I was just kidding Julia," the King grinned and woos his wife. "You're the best, really."

"They're so cute," Cam whispered and I agreed.

Everyone was now gathered under a big tent for refreshments. Some of Cam's relatives were present, talking about business and others about how they did at archery and Cam was holding my hand under the table.

I felt sick, I must have eaten something bad a while ago. Their chattering were loud, annoying me.

"Morgan," Cam lightly squeezed my hand.

"Huh?"

"Mom's been calling you."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Darling, are you alright?"

What's with people asking me if I'm alright.

It's annoying.

"Yes."

"Did you say yes already?" The Queen continued.

"Mom!" Cam hissed.

Loud.

"Yes to what?" I asked clueless. By now I could feel their looks on me. The silence was ringing in my ears, my throat feeling dry.

"Oh, you didn't ask her yet?" The King commented.