Bonus Story

"Mommy! Mommy!" My daughter, Ashley called out pulling along Matt who was impatient to share her adventure with me. We planned on meeting up downtown so we could hang out with everyone and celebrate Ashley's birthday.

I knelt down and gave her a big hug and she smelled sweet and had chocolate smudge on her lips, "Let me guess where your Uncle Matt brought you to....the ice cream store!"

"How did you know? You're so good at guessing!" Ashley giggled.

"Mr. Clifford told me so," I responded and gave her a kiss, handing her the toy. Clifford was a dog toy Kayla gave as a present when she was born. She's never separated with him unless she's hanging out with her favorite uncle Matt.

Ashley is Cam and my beautiful girl who is now four years old today. She resembles Cam but she got my eyes and blonde hair. She liked hanging out with Matt, maybe it's because of the ice cream.

"Hope she didn't give you any trouble," my attention now on Matt.

"Nah, my favorite Princess is the best in the world," he squeezed Ashley's cheek softly.

"I'm the only Princess you know Uncle Matthew!" She giggled, "ooohh and Aunt Kay-"

"Ashley that's our secret remember?" Matt reminded her. Ashley giggled and gave Kayla a big hug who was now behind me. She had shorter hair now and wore red lipstick everywhere she went and now a Mayor. God bless her city.

"My baby girl, happy birthday!" Kayla kissed her a ton of times.

"I'm not a baby anymore! I am four!"

We all giggled and agreed she wasn't a baby anymore but a lady.

I'm gonna cry.

Matt and Kayla are still not on good terms but better than last year. He is trying to woo back Kayla's but she is built like a wall. I know there's still some spark between them, all they need is an igniter.

We all gathered inside a decorated room hours later which in the middle was a Happy 4th Birthday Princess Ashley!

Ashley ran off to her friends as soon she saw them and Cam appeared in her gray suit. She always looked so good in whatever she wore but a suit? Phew.

"Hey babe," she kissed me and greeted Kayla and her best friend, Mat.

"How was the meeting?"

"It was alright. Had to rush it so I wouldn't be late. You guys look good. How long has it been?"

"Uh, two months Cam" Kayla sarcastically responded. She's probably bitchy because Mat's here but I know my best friend, she's probably... sweating right now.

"Hey, that's a long time."

We laughed and talked for a while until the party began. Cam and I were beside the emcee as she called for the birthday girl to sit on her princess throne. Our little girl wore a baby blue dress and a tiara. She never liked the color pink because it was too bright and preferred blue or gray.

The emcee gave Cam the microphone to say something. "Happy 4th birthday my little Princess. Wow, time flies so fast huh?" Ashley giggled. "I remember when Ashley took her first walk she didn't come to me or Morgan. In fact she wobbled herself to take Mr. Clifford and danced. It made me realize that years from now, my little girl won't be needing me anymore. I want to say to you Ashley, please don't grow fast without us. Let us take care of you while we still can. Let us create memories together that will instill in your mind when you are an adult. I love you, sweetheart and happy birthday." Cam wiped a tear from her eye and bent to kiss Ashley on the head.

I've never imagined my life would be like this. I'd want this life over and over even if I had to go through it all over it again. I start to remember when I was going through labor that Cam looked more frightened than I was. Maybe it was because everything was new to us and we vowed that we will give our everything for our Ashley.

After a short moment it was my turn to speak. "Our little girl is growing up too fast. I have to remind you, Ashley is not little anymore but a lady but in mommy and Mama's eyes, you will always be our baby girl, Ashley. Like mama said let us take care of you as long as we can. Happy birthday, Ash."

Cam rubbed my back to soothe me. We were always so emotional when it comes to Ashley. She's a pure angel and a blessing to us and I am glad I have this life.

Reception and opening gifts happened together, Ashley opened gifts first since she was excited. Ashley's grandparents always spoiled her too much. This year they presented her with her own pony and other gifts. Ashley was thrilled to receive so many from her favorite people.

I could see Mat and Kayla at another table. They were talking...it was mostly her talking with a frown and Mat looking apologetic. I know Kayla and she still loves him. I am sure of it since she accidentally blurted it out when we were drunk last year.

Family pictures were next. Guests and friends surrounded Ashley and she was thrilled for the experience. Then it was Kayla and Mat standing side by side her, her favorite Aunt and Uncle. She held both of their hands and grinned while the picture captured the moment. She whispered to Mat and he smiled, looking at Kayla who was confused. Mat followed Kayla who rushed outside and they disappeared.

Ashley sat between her grandparents, The King and Queen, looking goofy. She was surrounded by people who cared so much for her and I truly appreciated that.

It was finally the last picture, Cam and I walked to where Ashley was waiting for us. "Hurry up mommy, mama!"

The photographer instructed us what to do. Cam held Ashley between us, "Remember when you said you wanted a sibling?" Cam whispered for only the three of us to hear. "They're coming."

Ashley grinned and hugged the both of us. "I promise I'm going to teach him all the good things."

"How'd you know it's a he and not a she?"

"I just know," she giggled.

"Three."

"Two."

"One."

The camera snapped.

---

Thank you for the 1k follow!
Everyone motivates me to write and I appreciate all your comments and likes.