explore

Kim seokjin pov (jennie's father):

"She's not gonna get away with it..." I grumbled to myself. I was sitting on one of the benches of the park, waiting for layla to show up for a serious talk. It was already 5:03 PM in the afternoon and I impatiently kept reminding layla over and over to come here by sending her several text messages.

layla finally entered through the gates of the park, where she saw me sitting on the bench, staring at her emotionlessly with my arms crossed while she gazes back at me with her icy blue eyes, confused.

"Um, hey jin. I got your texts telling me to come over here, right?" She asked me, flipping the stands of her light brown hair out of the way.

"Yep," I simply answered her, blankly.

"Is there something wrong, jin?" layla questions me.

"As a matter of fact, yes. Where were you yesterday after school, layla?" I asked her.

"Oh I was just at my friends' house practicing with some of my fellow cheerleaders for the upcoming football game." She answered me.

"Oh... so you're saying that you were around more than one person today?" I sarcastically asked, not buying her story.

layla was starting to look even more confused, yet also a bit uncomfortable at the same time. I can see it in her eyes. "W-what are you talking about, jin? I'm not getting the picture here."

"Well how about we'll start from this, layla... How many friends do you have and that one of them is really 'special' to you?"

"W-what?" She asked, her face was now looking pale. Ha, looks like I'm getting to her now. I knew I'm not not gonna leave her alone until she confess her secret that I already knew.  "jin... I-I don't know what you're talking abou-"

I cut her off once I then pulled out my Android iPhone and showed her the photo of her kissing one of her fellow cheerleaders from yesterday. Her eyes went wide as her jaw dropped, knowing now that I had caught her secret.

"How long has it been going on?" I asked, my voice was losing the sarcasm and becoming serious.

layla looked speechless, looking like a scared little child who's about to get a belt spanking. She opened her mouth but then closed it, but she knew that she can't hide the secret from me anymore. And there's no way she'll be getting away with it.

I was already loosing my patience with her. I abruptly stood up from the bench and grabbed her shoulders, screaming at her in demand, "ANSWER ME, DAMMIT! HOW LONG HAS THIS BEEN GOING ON?!".

"Six months! It's been going on for six months." She said, looking down at the floor.

"Six months... SIX MONTHS?! So you've been screwing around with another girl behind my back for half the year? What are you, a lesbian now? layla, I am your boyfriend... W-What does she have that I don't?" I yelled at her.

"Jin I'm sorry, I-"

"TELL ME WHAT DO YOU SEE IN HER THAT I DON'T?!" I cut her off, screaming at her once again with my voice filled with ire.

"J-jin... I was too afraid to tell you this, but I have been discovering myself about what I really want, and it turns out that I have interesting tastes in women the whole time, and I didn't know until I was hanging out with Janet and found her attractive. She was the answer to my question of my sexuality, but I knew I can't tell my family... they would disown me, so Janet and I decided that we should keep it a secret until we're ready. And I was also afraid to tell you because I don't wanna hurt your feelings. I-I'm really sorry for not telling you this jin... I really am." She answered, her voice was filled with guilt and sadness.