you'll never know

“lis, are you going to bungee jump?” jennie asked as she jumped up and down. She looked so excited. You really can’t judge a book by its cover. A lot of times, the person you’d think would freak out at this sort of thing might actually love it.

And what's with this girl all happy and excited!!!

“Nope. He is,” I said, gesturing towards lucas.

He shook his head, immediately voicing his protests.

“No way! I never said that!”

“You should!” jennie said, clinging onto lucas’s arm and shaking her cute little ass. No way could lucas resist that. He then began to blush.

‘You’re so…’ I mentally tsked as I watched lucas.

“You’ll do it, right?” jennie said with a bright smile.

“Uh…y-yeah…I’ll do it…”

In the end, he agreed and we all headed over to get in line.

We signed a waiver and went up to the bungee jump zone. It felt great to be up there.

“What’s so great about this…” lucas said, visibly shaking with fear. I’ve never seen his face like that before.

“I like it.”

I calmly looked down over the railing. The employees quickly tried to stop me.

“You can’t goof around up here.”

“Can I goof around after I have the harness on?”

“Uh, no…that’s…” the park employee stammered.

“Okay, so who’s first?” another park employee asked. He looked to be in his middle ages and was kind of creepy-looking. I could already tell that he was an asshole.

“This person,” I said.

“This guy,” jennie said at the same time.

Lucas looked like he was about to throw up. But is that really a face a person makes when they’re sick? Well anyways, the park employee began to tie the harness around him, who passed the camera to me. This is probably the first time a banker has done something like this. Then again, this is nothing. There are tons of bankers who have done even more dangerous stunts.

Soon, he was clipped to the harness as he stood on the board. Unfortunately, he gripped onto the handrails, refusing to let go.

“You can do it, Lucas oppa!” jennie shouted. I guess that made him happy because he looked back at Jennie with a smile.

“You go, lucas,” I said, but the asshole didn’t look at me. I would’ve knocked his head off for that, but I didn’t. He walked to the edge. Now he just has to jump.

“Hey, lucas Is there anyone you like?” the park employee asked.

“There is!” he shouted.

“Great. Then when you jump, I want you to shout the name of the person you love.”

“Okay!” he shouted again.

“Alright, then. One! Two! Three!” the employee shouted.

But at the last second, lucas fell back onto his feet.

“Huuu….”

“Coward,” I spat out without thinking.

He glared at me.

“What’s wrong with you, lis? It’s totally understandable. Lucas, you can do it!” jennie called out to lucas again. That gave him the courage to get back up again. Can love give you strength? Yeah, right. Anyways, he walked up to the edge again and took a deep breath.