All the ties

Three months later:

Lisa came back to Korea after knowing chaeyoung had been gone in difficult space after her departure to US.

So the four of them were invited to dinner where only jisoo,Jennie and lisa were present and chaeyoung never came.

“Lisa?”

It’s Jennie who reaches out and touches her shoulder. It’s Jennie’s fingertips that run down to grab the inside of her elbow and it’s Jennie who’s always right there—who can be so close to Lisa, yet so out of reach.

It’s the same girl that she grew to love when she barely knew how to communicate in the same language. It’s the same girl that she has looked at for years and years and who has never known—who has probably never wanted herself to know—that Lisa loves her.same girl who broke her.

“Hey—” she whispers.

“No, you’re right.” Lisa interrupts jisoo.

“You’re right, jisoo unnie . I’m not gonna insinuate things anymore. I’m not gonna do shit for you anymore—figure it out yourself. I’m fucking done.”

And that’s the thing—being done meant a lot of things to them now. It could have meant being done with their friendship. It could have meant being done with this conversation. It also could have meant being done with dinner, but Lisa knew that jisoo knew. She was smart. She knew that the way in which Lisa had used ‘done’ was for just about everything.

She didn’t need to say it. It was written across her face.

Lisa stands up suddenly, tossing her napkin on the table and doesn’t wait before she starts to walk away.

“Lisa!”

Lisa doesn’t stop walking. Even as she almost runs into the waiter in her haste to get out, she doesn’t let the sound of her name being called derail her.

She makes it just about as far down the first set of stairs before she feels someone roughly grab her by the arm and yank her back.

She almost stumbles down the last few steps, but Jennie is quick to grab her and push her up against the wall.

“What are you doing?!”

“What does it look like I’m doing?! You heard me! I said I’m done!”

“Lisa—“

“No!” The younger girl says, shaking her head.

“No, you don’t get to stop me. You don’t get to say shit because you weren’t there either!when I saw her.” Lisa says.

“I saw the way she looked. I saw it in her eyes and I didn’t do a damn thing about it!”

Lisa grits her teeth together, squeezing her eyes shut and thinks back to that night that she sat outside with Chaeyoung on the dorm.

“I fucking sat with her and she was so tired! She was upset and she was sad and I just sat there and watched her cried and where the fuck were you two, huh?!”

“That’s not fair!” Jennie hisses.

“That’s not fucking fair and you know it! I didn’t have time to come out, you-you know that! If I hadn’t been ready—“

“Yeah, if you hadn’t been in Morocco, right? Or Milan? Or Paris? Or Philippine? Things would have been different right, Jennie?”

And maybe it was unfair, but Lisa was finally, and probably for the first time, getting to see just how drastically distorted their entire group dynamic was.