FORTY-THREE

43 | TROUBLE ARISING

   WINTER Frost is stubborn when it comes to Harold James Hook. That is a fact. And if Jonah Flynn is being honest with himself, this fact about his best friend truly impressed him. Even Jonah, who was as hardheaded and rough as they came, did not believe that even he could deny the charms of the dark pirate as long as Winter has.

However, despite this stubbornness, there were certain things that Winter simply could not say no to. Most of these things involved Harry Hook or even Jonah Flynn whirling her off into some chaotic situation. While she did not like these little "adventures", she still allowed the boys to force her into them.

Now, "force" was a bit of a stretch. Even though Jonah teased her by often picking her up and simply carrying her somewhere—they all knew that if Winter truly and wholeheartedly did not want to go, then she would not.

Take that Halloween Party that the school put on a few weeks back. Winter said that she did not want to go; however, the thing was that if she truly did not want to go, then she would not have. It did not matter how much Uma or Harry pushed, had she truly not wanted to go then Winterfell would actually put her foot down and there was nothing anyone could do about it.

That is why Jonah became suspicious when he did not spot so much as a hair of Winter during the tournament. The tournament was now halfway over, and Winter was supposed to show up over an hour ago.

Now, this would not be so disquieting if Winter had not wanted to show up. But that was the thing, she had wanted to show up. A few months back maybe she was a bit more hesitant and reserved about it, but now that she and Harry had grown closer, Winter wanted to be here to show her support for the VK turned right.

It was not like these Swords and Shields matches were no big deal either. In actuality, it was kind of history being made. The first time that children of heroes and legends would not fight against the children of villains and criminals but rather alongside them.

Especially considering that this was the first match in which they would compete side-by-side. Yes, it was certainly history in the making.

It was the start of a bright new future for the people of Auradon. One where everyone was capable of writing their own legacies rather than the ones were given to them by their parents.

"And that is another victory for Li Lonnie, this brings Auradon up by a whopping fifty points...!"

Jonah easily ignored the spokesman announcing yet another victory for their school. Auradon was having a far easier time wiping the floor with the competitors than they previously thought. Both the boy's and girls' teams were up by over fifty points.

It was not like the Swords and Shields team had sucked before the new VK's had come, but they were nowhere near this amazing.

Jonah watched as Harry came up to spar once again. He had already gone against three people and won every match within seconds. He was no doubt the best male sword wielder on the floor. Jay came in a close second, but while he excelled at tricky maneuvers and fancy dodges—Harry excelled at the actual sword-wielding part.