SIXTY-TWO

62 | AND SO,THE PIRATE MET THEFUTURE MOTHER-IN-LAW

62 | AND SO,
THE PIRATE MET THE
FUTURE MOTHER-IN-LAW

CHILDREN truly are something magnificent.

It is amazing when you think about it. How two people can come together and create an entirely new person; a person that brings together and mixes completely different DNA codes to create something out of it.

In most cases at least, but this was not an Alabama situation.

But no, this is the case of Winterfell Frost, who was created from Jack Frost and Elsa of House Oldenburg.

Now, to be fair both Jack Frost and Elsa held similar hair and eye colors to each other (they are NOT related, okay, Elsa is tired of hearing that joke from her family), so it was to be a no-brainer that Winterfell would have inherited both traits. Right? Wrong.

Because no one had taken into account the facts when Winterfell was born.

"Are you positive that she is your kid, Jack? I mean no one in the family has brown eyes," Anna had told Jack while holding his daughter once upon a time.

"Anna!" Elsa had scolded her sister at her insinuation.

"I am just joking Elsa, sort of..."

The facts of the matter were that Jack Frost was born as Jackson Overland three-hundred-something years ago. And Jackson Overland was born with soft and glossy brunette strands and warm mocha eyes.

Just because he died and the Man in the Moon decided to resurrect him with white hair and cerulean eyes did not change his literal DNA coding. His genetics still adorned the codes for brown hair and brown eyes.

Also pale freckly skin, but Jack did not like to get into that part. It was not his fault he could not get a proper tan, okay! Even before he was undead or whatever.

Now, Elsa was born with pale blond locks (basically white) and blue eyes. She also had pale skin, but she never cared to tan anyway.

And so, the truth of the matter was that Winterfell adorned lighter hair than even Elsa by pure chance because it certainly had not come from Jack. The brown eyes came from Jack. No, the white hair came from Elsa — Winter's just so happened to be a tad lighter than her mother's.

Features were a different story because the truth of the matter was that Winter actually looked more like Jack than Elsa, it was just hard to tell sometimes because Winterfell had the same huge eyes and white hair that her mother adorned.

However, other than hair color and eye shape, everything of Winter's was Jack's. And one could see that when they saw her standing next to Jack Frost.

For Winterfell had Jack's nose, his natural skinny genes had (sadly) passed down to her, his full lips, high cheekbones, literal face shape... basically his kid looked like a female version of him.