TWELVE

12 | BACK IN AURADON

   THAT morning, Winter woke with a smile. She had a fantastic dream, one she could not remember all that well, but knew it has something to do with racing through the forests with a certain ocean-eyed pirate.

It was some of the best sleep she had in a while and when she checked the time, she saw that it was nearing thirty after ten. She could not remember the last time she slept-in for so long, she was usually awake around seven in the morning, sometimes even earlier.

She figured it must have had something to do with her late-night, and Winter found that if having late nights gave her that good of sleep, she may just start staying up later and sleeping in more often.

Rolling over, Winter threw a lazy arm over her face with a blissful sigh. A few drops of sunlight streamed through the cracks in her blackout curtains, shining across the carpet floor. Her stomach gave a small lurch of hunger causing Winter to frown.

Over the summer, she had gained a few pounds putting her at a much healthier weight than she was before. She was still skinny, but now she did not have bones sticking out. Her family made sure of that by ensuring that she was eating properly at every meal and not skipping any.

Even Winter had to admit that she liked being at a healthy weight as it gave her much more a figure. However, she also knew she would lose the weight she gained within the first few weeks of school because she would delve into studying, classwork, reading, and other things so much that she would forget to feed herself.

But then again, some sacrifices had to be made to keep her grades.

It was then that Winter's mind snapped at her, reminding her that today many new faces would be arriving.

At noon sharp.

Winter had never jumped from her bed so quick, now wide awake. Any remnants of her dream were forgotten as she rushed to make her bed. Tucking in the blankets tightly, she smoothed out the duvet before making her way to the bathroom.

A quick shower (where she made to shave), brushing her teeth, and blow-drying her hair mapped out the first twenty minutes of her morning. Going to her closet, Winter easily grabbed a crisp white button-up shirt that was long-sleeved and collared. She rolled up her sleeves slightly before tucking it into an equally as formal black and white plaid skirt.

Tugging her stockings on, Winter was quick to shove her feet into some black flats before making her way back to the bathroom. Immediately, Winter pulled her hair up into a bun, tying it off with a black ribbon.

The dark locks were now out of her face, but the bun was so tight it pulled her eyes up ever-so-slightly. It was uncomfortable, but Winter was used to uncomfortable, so she ignored it. As long as she looked respectable and nice, that was all that mattered.