FIFTY-SEVEN

———————
𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄 𝐕: 𝐀 𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐒𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓
———————

———————𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄 𝐕: 𝐀 𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐒𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓———————

57 | A PROPHECY FORETOLD
_________

12 YEARS BEFORE THE PRESENT DAY

    "WHAT is this game? What on Earth are you two playing?" An eleven-year-old Soren scrunched his brows as his younger sister and cousin played together on the pier of the castle.

He had been practicing swordsmanship, the young boy fighting no one but the air. However, his steps were perfect — he would grow to be a talented swordsman, yet his sister would surpass them as they all age.

Soren broke upon hearing them both giggling about Queen Merida's oldest son, Prince Alastair. He was about Sitara's age with eyes greener than the forest. Little Winterfell was teasing her older cousin about Alaric, saying how "dreamy" his eyes were to Sitara.

Alaric took after his mother in the sense that he was a gifted wielder of the bow and arrow even at his young age. He and Sitara seemed to get on well at the recent royalty gathering in Auradon both were stubborn and did not like to abide by the rules.

Sitara gagged when her little five-year-old cousin said that, but Winterfell made it even worse by creating a life-sized ice replica of the young prince. Alaric was nine, just a year older than Sitara.

The talk had caught Soren's attention, the eleven-year-old disgusted but also slightly protective at the thought of his younger sister having a crush. He was even more baffled when he turned and saw the ice sculpture of Prince Alaric on the wooden floorboards of the pier.

"We're playing — Sitara gets married to Prince Alaric and becomes Queen of Stone Hedge Kingdom!" Winterfell answered happily, her pigtails bouncing with her dramatics.

Winter's hair was quite long and fell to her midback even when pulled up in pigtails. With those words, she thrust her hand out and used the wind to forcibly push the ice sculpture toward Sitara. The red-haired princess screeched before running away with a giggle.

"How about you marry Prince Marcellus instead?" She questioned through her laughter as Winter stopped pushing the sculpture to gag herself.

Prince Marcellus was the youngest of Merida's three children. Prince Alaric was the oldest, followed by her twins who were three years younger than he — Prince Marcellus and Princess Marissa.

They were both Winterfell's age. However, both were rather brutish and annoying in her opinion, especially Marcellus. His hair was bright orange and gross-looking freckles dotted his pale face. At least Prince Alaric was attractive.