FIFTY-SIX

56 | THE BLACK SWAN

56 | THE BLACK SWAN

    IF she is being honest with herself when Ben told them at breakfast that all the morning classes had been canceled for grades 10-12 because there was to be an important assembly for them — she should have been expecting something like this.

After breakfast, in which Winter shocked all her friends by scarfing down exactly five chocolate pancakes, 4 pieces of bacon, 2 scoops of scrambled egg whites, and two pieces of french toast (Harry was happier than ever at this), the group had walked together toward one of the many grand halls of the castle.

Lonnie had caught up with them talking Winter's ear off about how Emmett and she had finally got together and were meant to go on their first date later that night. Apparently, they were meant to be going to one of Mushu's restaurants.

It was not his popular Japanese restaurant titled after himself rather it was another that he had graciously named Mulan's Chinese Eatery. This restaurant was a bit further away than Mushu's and it served solely Chinese food.

"Yay, I'm so happy for you, Lonnie," Winter smiled in excitement.

At first, she was surprised that Emmett and Lonnie were interested in each other. Not in a bad way, but Emmett had always been a free spirit and liked to have no ties between himself and women. Not quite as bad as Jonah but he also was not one for relationships.

Lonnie had her head screwed tightly on her shoulders. She knew what she wanted out of life and where she was going. Lonnie planned on going to a good college after school to major in biology. She wanted to do something with science and biology after she graduated.

Emmett planned on traveling, in fact, Winter had heard that he planned to join Jay and Gil this coming summer in their adventure to travel throughout the different lands and kingdoms of Auradon.

Winter supposed opposites simply seemed to attract though, after all, look at her and Harry.

Winter frowned when she realized that she and Harry still did not have a name for whatever they were. They kissed and declared their love for each other sure — they also cuddled and slept by each other the entirety of the night last night. Did that make them dating? Boyfriend and girlfriend?

They had not even been on a proper date yet, she frowned at this but shook herself out of it as they walked through the doors to the grand hall.

Harry was behind her talking with Jay and Jonah — Mal, Ben, and Uma in front speaking about something else.

They all entered with the crowd of students in grades 10-12.

And upon standing around a grand ballroom floor — Winterfell had already had an idea about what this was about. The Fairy Godmother stood in the center with a bright smile, her smile turned softer when she caught Winter's eye.