TWENTY-NINE

29 | RICH BUT NOT A BITCH

WINTER had everything planned out. She had already spoken to Mal on the phone about it, the purple-haired girl extremely eager to help out. No one was in on the plan except for Winter and Mal — even Ben was going to be kept in the dark.

It was simple, Winter was going to meet them at the mall they were to be going to. She would show up just after the three had gotten their phones and steal them away with the excuse that Ben was allowing them to use some of his funds for shopping. Mal was to distract Ben during this so that way he did not realize what was happening — no one other than Mal would know Winter going to show up either.

Auradon Shopping Mills was a large shopping center and mall located not too far away from Auradon Prep. It was one of the local weekend hangout spots for the teens as it was not far from the downtown area. Not to mention, the stores always had the best fashion options and food treats.

That morning, Winter plaited her long hair into two french braids that went over her shoulder. She also decided to wear some nicer and more fashionable clothing as the Auradon mall was a place that no one should go without looking at least a million bucks.

A white flowery corset was tucked into a pair of black shorts. She wore a light pink overcoat with it, her shoes being a pair of tall wedges. Along with that, she wore a few tight sparkling bracelets over her silk gloves — a dangly diamond necklace gleaming from its place on her neck.

Overall, her look was classy and expensive. She shrunk at her own reflection — hating how she looked like the typical Auradon Princess. Especially with the expensive white purse hanging over her shoulder — a bag which she rarely used.

Winter could not even remember the last time she walked in heels, these tall wedges had been hiding in the back of her closet along with most of the items her outfit was made of. She really hoped that she did not trip trying to walk in them.

As much as she hated it, she knew this look was necessary. Here was the deal, with the barrier being down, there was a rumor going around campus that the mall and other shops had tightened their restrictions. The shops did not want to be robbed, especially seeing as most of their items were incredibly expensive.

In other words, if Winter were to walk in with the Sea Three (as much as she liked their own fashion-sense and chained up gear) their obvious Isle roots would not mull over well with the mall shop owners.

The last thing Winter needed was people giving them a hard time. As long as she at least looked the part of being rich, they should be good while shopping.

Just as Winter had been about to leave to catch an Uber, she smirked before grabbing her diamond-studded sunglasses. She had been dying to wear them since she bought them with Sitara over the summer. Her cousin had a matching pair.