TWENTY-EIGHT

28 | DORM NIGHTS

28 | DORM NIGHTS

   WINTERFELL did not have an issue with Harry Hook. In fact, she quite liked him. She thought that while; yes, Harry was slightly insane, had terrible anger-management, and was very much capable of being an all-around dick — he was sweet in his own weird way.

Yes, he had his flaws, but Harry Hook was also charming, caring (in his own screwed up way), handsome, and his eyes looked as though they came from the ocean itself. Winter swore she could stare into his eyes all day if she wanted.

Not only that but everyone had their flaws, it was a part of human nature.

Winter was accustomed to blue eyes, she knew way more people with blue eyes than without. Everyone in her family for one had blue eyes. Soren, Sitara, Anna, Kristoff — hell, her parent's eyes looked as though they were forged from ice itself. Winter was the only one who had brown, something that still befuddled everyone in her family.

That was why it was so interesting that Winter was captivated by Harry's eye color. However, the blue in Harry's eyes was different from any other she had seen. Kristoff, Anna, Soren, and Sitara had eyes that were darker in color and friendly. Her parents, on the other hand, had a striking blue color. Her father even had just the tiniest bit of glow to his eyes — something that Winter had never seen anywhere else.

But Harry, he was different. Because his eyes were something that, despite being more normal than either of her parents eye color, had something about them that lured her in as though to trap her. Sort of like a fish to a hook.

And his eyes were only the topping to an entire cake — Harry was a work of art. Many did not see it, but Winter did. Despite her often clippy mood with him, he was easily beginning to scrape away pieces to a delicate wall she had spent so much of her youth building.

Winter was not sure whether he realized it or not (but she had the sneaking suspicion that he did): but he was breaking her every time they interacted. Little by little.

The school bell snapped Winter out of her daze, the girl packing her backpack. Harry had been absent all day. Uma told them earlier at breakfast that Harry was catching up on his "beauty-sleep" and would not be present at all today. Uma also added that Winter would probably be able to convince Harry to come to classes with her if she went to their dorm — it really would not take much more than her batting her eyelashes and asking in that sugary sweet tone Harry loved so much.

However, Winter was keen on allowing Harry his time to rest. It was his choice if he wanted to skip classes or not and she was not going to stop him. Besides, she knew that he had been woken up earlier than he would have liked yesterday — he deserved some sleep.

Yeah, she had been teased endlessly by the entire table after she told them that.

Gil then proceeded to say how Harry would love to hear that. Yeah, Winter tried convincing Gaston's son to not say anything to the pirate, but she knew that Gil would not be able to stop himself. He and Harry were simply too close.