SEVENTEEN

17 | SWORD & SHIELDS

   THE week passed by with little to no change. Harry Hook continued to pester and flirt with Winter every chance he got, and Winter tried to unsuccessfully avoid him. The only good things were that she somehow managed to keep her room's location a secret and that she was still able to go to the library without him following.

The library was one of the few places on campus he seemed to not follow her to. Out of a hate for reading or the simple fact he did not know what the library was—she was not sure.

It was now bright and early on Saturday and Winter stood outside of Jonah's door with an entire box of cleaning supplies. All of the cleaning supplies were her own as the girl kept the box in one of the cabinets in her room.

With her hair pulled into the normal tight bun, the girl adorned nothing but an old shirt and ripped leggings. She would never be caught dead wearing such an outfit on the school campus but seeing as she was about to be cleaning what she deemed as hell itself, Winter decided it would be smart to wear something that would not matter if it got dirty.

She sighed and began pounding on the door for the umpteenth time waiting for Jonah to answer. She told him during first-hour yesterday what time she would be at his room today, but seeing as he was practically falling asleep in first-hour, it was no surprise he forgot.

Winter brought her fist back, ready to once again begin drumming on his door, but before her fist could make contact, the door swung open revealing a shirtless and disheveled Jonah. Winter yelped in surprise, unable to stop her fist in its pursuit of hitting where the door once was.

However, because the door was no longer there, Winter ended up socking Jonah in the face. Jonah cried out, leaning down and bringing his hand to rub his jaw.

Winter covered her mouth, eyes wide in surprise. She really did not mean to punch him!

"Oh gosh, I am so sorry! Did that hurt?"

"What do you think?" Jonah hollered before grunting in pain. "I get woken up only to be punched in the face? What the hell, Winter!"

It was then Winter took note of his messy mullet and the fact that he was still wearing his normal jeans and heavy boots—though his shirt was missing. Not only that, but he smelled heavily of booze and cigarettes.

Crinkling her nose, Winter scowled realizing that Jonah had been out partying last night. It had been Friday night after all.

Then again, no one at Auradon Prep threw a party without Fairy Godmother's approval, and even then, there was definitely never alcohol involved. It was because of this that Jonah took advantage of having a car with him and drove away from Auardon Prep. However, it was usually a thirty-mile drive at least before you would find any sort of teenage party that had alcohol involved.