FIFTY-FIVE

55 | SPIRAL

55 | SPIRAL

IT was less than an hour later that Winter and Harry stood in Morton Hall, specifically in front of Winter's dorm room door. The two broke apart from a heated kiss, both with smiles on their faces.

Winter found herself mentally questioning why she had ever tried to avoid this. How could this — what she had with Harry Hook ever be bad? How could she have ever perceived it as bad? Especially now as he stood in front of her, dark locks falling into his liner-ringed eyes.

He trapped her against her door and leaned heavily against his strong arm that was stationed by her head. Winter leaned back against her door, more than frazzled with a dark blush on her cheeks.

Her mind was still playing her song over in her mind. The beauty of Harry as he had sung to her, the way his voice played with her emotions and twirled around her.

She could never get that song out of her head if she tried. In fact, she already wanted Harry to sing it to her again, but she did not dare ask for both reasons of her pride and the fact that Harry had literally just given her an entire performance.

He at least deserved a day before she asked him to serenade her again.

"Ye sure yeh don't want to have a sleepover?" Her attention was taken to Harry, his face only inches from her own.

He waggled his brows suggestively, a playful smile drawn over his lips. Winter found her gaze dropping to his lips momentarily.

She internally groaned before forcing her gaze back to his eyes. It was already late — they had to go to bed if they wanted even a chance at being able to wake up for classes in the morning.

With a sigh, she nodded her head playfully pushing Harry back. Harry allowed her, walking back and staring at her as though wounded and betrayed.

"Yes, I am sure, Harry," she laughed lightly, shaking her head at him, "now get to bed, we'll see each other at breakfast..."

"Oi, yeh killing me — how about another kiss?" He questioned, taking another step toward her.

Winter smiled playfully before darting forward and placing a peck on his lips. In the next second, she was opening her bedroom door and closed it all the same.

"Goodnight, my pirate!" She called from behind the door as she heard Harry growl.

She rested her head on her door, unaware that Harry was doing the same from the other side. It took all her willpower to not open the door and pull Harry inside.