THIRTY-SEVEN

37 | JORDAN❝ 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡

37 | JORDAN
❝ 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡. ❞

NO man is worth the aggravation, especially someone like Harry Hook. Harry Hook was a hotty flirt, a gorgeous but rotten pirate who flirted with both guys and girls.

A raging pansexual 17-year-old who also happened to be Winter's soulmate. Winter was a strong independent young woman who didn't need something as fickle as love holding her down.

No, if she wanted love she could stick with her romance novels and rom-coms.

Besides, she had a strict rule to stick to: beware and never release. Conceal don't feel; Winter's heart is frozen and there was no way to thaw it.

There was no way for Harry to get past her icy inner walls.

And yet, somehow with a pirate's agility, Harry has already done just that. He didn't slip on the ice either, he climbed right over her inner ice walls as though it were nothing and that fact enraged Winter.

But she could still deny this; yes, she refused to lose this battle that Harry didn't even know about. A battle that involved him and yet he was clueless to it, but if he had known he would have fought harder.

Speaking of Harry Hook...

"...so..." Harry clapped his hands awkwardly from where he stood at the front of the class.

Everyone watched him expectantly, the teacher sat at her desk fiddling with her pen as she looked down her glasses at Harry Hook.

Winter pursed her lips, raising a brow when Harry quickly met her gaze with a "help me" sort of look. But there was nothing she could do, Winter had been telling Harry to read the damn short story all weekend and he hadn't. Now it was coming back to bite him in the ass.

Harry rolled on the balls of his feet, taking a deep breath before clasping his hands behind his back. Oh well, he was already screwed, might as well do it in style.

" 'Twas a stormy night and Wendy Darling believed in Peter Pan more than normal, some might call it sexually obsessive, in fact. She was a pre-teen and rather pretty as well, which is exactly why Peter chose her—" the entire class scoffed a laugh, the VKs of the class, in particular, all bursting into hysterics at Harry Hook's comedic-gold.

He was an extremely funny character when he wanted to be.

Winter's jaw dropped at his words, her eyes wide when he delivered her a sly wink. Was he actually doing some messed up re-telling of his father and Peter Pan's own story?