FORTY-FOUR

———————
𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄 𝐈𝐕: 𝐀 𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐒𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓
———————

———————𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄 𝐈𝐕: 𝐀 𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐒𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓———————

44 | JONAH FLYNN

——————

2 YEARS BEFORE THE PRESENT
DAY

——————

DISCLAIMER:
This is a very long interlude regarding Jonah's familial background as well as his background with Winter. It can get confusing in the beginning pages; however, just try to hang on as best as possible. It is important to read this and understand it to a degree because Jonah's heritage is going to become more important as the story leads on. However, it is not necessary so if you truly want to, this interlude can be skipped. Anyway — happy reading!

____________

   TO understand Jonah Flynn's story, then one must go two generations prior. Now, this story is full of inconceivable happenings, extreme complications, spectacular wonders, and the impossible. It is important to pay the utmost attention and listen to every word carefully, for this journey is one that someone may very easily get lost in.

And so, we begin Jonah's tale—the story of TRON, when it first started almost fifty years ago.

Back then, Kevin Flynn (Jonah's grandfather) is a young and gifted programmer who once worked for the software mega-corporation ENCOM. Flynn created several video games on the ENCOM mainframe while working after hours with the aim of eventually creating his own gaming company. Before he is ready to present his projects to senior management, his work is stolen by another programmer, Ed Dillinger. Dillinger locks Flynn out of the work system and goes on to present the games as his own work, thus earning himself a series of promotions.

Fast forward three years, Dillinger has acquired the senior executive title for ENCOM and fired Kevin Flynn. Kevin was forced to open his own arcade instead, an arcade that features several of his stolen games.

In an attempt to get the evidence he needs to show that Dillinger stole from him, Kevin breaks into ENCOM in order to hack into the mainframe for the proof. However, and this is where things get tricky, a relatively new program titled the MASTER CONTROL PROGRAM now runs most of ENCOM.

The issue with this program is that it is artificial intelligence constantly evolving, but as it evolves it becomes more... ambitious. And with this heavy ambition came danger.

It would seem that certain people's fear of computers and robots taking over the world almost happened. The MASTER CONTROL PROGRAM was slowly on the path to world domination.