FIFTY-EIGHT

58 | KINGDOM DANCE

58 | KINGDOM DANCE

    "WONDERFUL, absolutely marvelous!" The Fairy Godmother cheered as the applause died down and Winterfell rose from her low curtsy to the crowd.

She turned to Fairy Godmother, watching as she waved her wand and sparkling folding magic swirled around her. The clothing she had been wearing chipped away in magnificent dust particles.

Thankfully, Fairy Godmother got her original outfit correct as the plaid skirt and sweater were in its rightful place. She watched as her pointe shoes were replaced by her white hightops.

Winter decided to wear what she normally did as truth be told she truly did like her cute plaid skirts and sweater vests — it was simply a vibe. Plus, not that she would ever admit this out loud, it made her feel smarter.

The hightops were the only real change in her attire, along with being newly gloveless. Something that Harry had taken advantage of that day at breakfast, the pirate had been holding Winter's hand whenever he could.

That was when she was not scarfing down breakfast. Although, he had rested his head in her hands during that watching her eat as though she was the most captivating thing ever. When she noticed him staring she had thrown a cheerio at him with a roll of her eyes.

It was odd to feel Harry's hand in her own, especially out in the open. It had felt rough and the multiple rings on his fingers were sharp, but she could not lie, she was internally freaking out with happiness. It had been obvious that Evie was shipping this hardcore as she kept throwing them excited smiles as though all her dreams had come true.

Winter's hair had previously been pulled into a messy bun — not the neat one she always did. However, the Fairy Godmother seemed to have forgotten that, for the magic only took her hair down from the tight way the black jewels were holding it up.

She blew her bangs out of her face the girl still getting used to the new style. At least Beleth had the decency to get her hair trimmed as well.

It was still incredibly long though, she was considering going short with it.

Winter quickly walked back to where Audrey and Chad were standing with Ben behind her. Audrey smiled warmly at her, nodding her head as though to say she had done well.

"Now, I'll admit no one will be doing a dance that hard," the Fairy Godmother explained.

"Except for Harry," Ben had teased in her ear and Winter scoffed shaking her head.

Just because she and Harry kissed did not mean they were necessarily going to be attending the ball together. Her heart sped up at the thought. She had never taken a date to the dance, she had always been the odd one out in that regard.

Most royals brought dates, usually each other. But never Winterfell.

Even Sitara had a date one year, Prince Alaric of Stone Hedge. They were a couple for about a year before they ended it — it was mutual. Sitara had no desire for a throne and she would eventually gain a place as Queen if they chose to stay together.