TWENTY-FIVE

25 | TOUCH THE SKY

25 | TOUCH THE SKY

   IF there was one thing that Winter loved about Auradon, it was the hundreds upon hundreds of miles of forest surrounding it. Despite the population moving to more technological means, the ancient magical forests which had stood for centuries were never touched. The many forests still stood as strong as they had for thousands of years.

After the dramatic events from last night, everyone involved had slept in. Winter herself had not woken up until just past eleven. Once she showered and was picking through her closet for a tie, Winter was greeted with the sound of her phone ringing.

Walking away from her closet, Winter curiously peeked at her phone only to see it was Mal calling.

"Hello?" Winter answered, sitting back on her bed only in her underwear.

She had long since made sure her curtains were drawn and her door was locked. Winter mindlessly twirled a piece of her hair in her fingers, being careful as to not cause her hair to start turning white.

"Yo, Winter," Mal said with an air of excitement, "Ben, Evie, and I are going riding through the forests, want to go?"

As the daughter of royalty, Winter knew had to ride horseback. Most AK students did.

That was why the school stables were so big, many students chose to bring their own horse with them so they could go riding whenever they felt. The forest was large and easy to wind up lost in, so most students made sure to stay on the trails. However, a handful of students knew their way around the large forest, so they did not need to stay on the trails and were able to adventure as they pleased — Winter was included in this mass.

While Winter did not bring any horse with her, it was not an issue for her to borrow one of the school horses to ride. She had a personal favorite horse whom she rode nearly every time she went out to the forest.

Stewart was a large black and white spotted Percherhon horse. Winter claimed time and time again that Stewart was the most beautiful horse she had ever seen — though many begged to differ as they thought his white spots were quite odd. What made it better was that Stewart was the sweetest thing that Winter had ever come across, despite his daunting size, Winter knew he could never hurt a fly.

While he was not technically hers, he was as good as. Winter had already made plans with the Fairy Godmother to purchase Stewart as soon as she graduated and have him sent to Arendelle. Money was not an issue — being royalty, Winter was filthy rich.

As much as she would love to have him with her in Ahtohallan, Winter also knew that it would be far too cold for him up there — so Arendelle was the next best place.

Winter absolutely loved riding through the forest on Stweart's back, she could spend hours out there simply exploring. She never got lost either, the wind was always on her side and she practically grew up in the Enchanted Forests anyway.