TWENTY-SEVEN

27 | COLORS OF THE WIND

GROWING up, Harry's father had told him plenty of stories of the flying boy named Peter Pan and his crew of lost boys. Captain Hook had also boasted to Harry (on many occasions) about the time his ship, the Jolly Roger, flew. Harry still remembered sitting on his father's lap with his two sisters at his father's feet as they all listened to the story of how their father had flown the Jolly Roger all the way to England to capture Wendy Darling's daughter.

Captain Hook was not the nicest man (and he undoubtedly had a drinking problem) but the thing about him was that he was proud of all his children. Unlike many parents on the Isle, James Hook had not been the worst father.

He taught Harry everything he knew and had said on many occasions that Harry was his pride and joy (as Harry was his only son). Captain Hook cherished his two daughters as well, but it was also no secret that Harry was by far the Captain's favorite.

Harriet was the oldest and the most determined. CJ (also known as Callista Jane) had her own spunk and style about her. But Harry, well Harry was Captain Hook's spitting image both in personality and physical attributes. James Hook had sworn on multiple occasions that Harry looked exactly like him when he was younger.

And it was certainly believable as Harry was pretty much a younger version of his father with shorter hair.

Harry admired his father a lot. When he was ten, Harry even went so far as to try and bait TickTock the crocodile into biting his hand off so he could have a real hooked hand like Captain Hook. Unfortunately, TickTock pretty much ignored him.

The sensation of flying ended all too soon as Stewart landed back on the ground with a thud, immediately continuing his sprint deeper into the forest.

Soon after, Stewart broke through the trees and came upon a large ring of a field. It was a ring of wildflowers and grass that was surrounded on all sides by the forest. It was also known as one of Winter's favorite places to lounge in the around.

Seeing as it was not far away from the waterfall river they had just hopped, Winter proclaimed the area as her essential "forest-base". This field was where she would take her rests from exploring and write down her findings in her journal.

She figured as they had been running around the forest for nearly an hour now, this was as good a time as any to take a small rest.

"Woah, Stewart," Winter clicked her tongue causing Stewart to fall from his sprint to a light trot before stopping completely.

Harry was breathing heavily from behind Winter, the pirate just now coming down from his adrenaline rush. Harry's grip on Winter slowly loosened, the pirate looking around.

"Where are we, duckling?" Harry asked, tilting his head down so he was once again staring at Winter.

Winter hummed at him, tilting her head back so she was just inches away from Harry's face. He grinned down at her while Winter only rose a brow in response.