THIRTY-TWO

32 | HALLOWEEN PARTY

   "YEAH, Carlos is going as the monster in Frankenstein, and Jane is going as the monster's bride," Mal said as she and Winter walked through the courtyard leading to their dorm building.

It was mid-afternoon and students were running around the spooky-decorated campus with buckets of candy or chatting excitedly. Everyone was ecstatic for the party that was taking place that night. Not only was it supposed to be a "terrifyingly terrific time" but it was also the first real celebration that all of the AKs and VKs would be joining together in.

In the past week, the mixture between the AKs and VKs had gotten much better, but it was still obvious that there was a divide between the two groups. Ben and Mal had taken it upon them to showcase themselves together even more than usual as an example that the AKs and VKs interacting with each other was perfectly okay—great even.

Winter had just got back to campus with Mal, Ben, and the Fairy Godmother along with a small number of other people. Evie and Uma had ridden in a separate limo with some others who were on the council to get back to campus. Winter was relatively sure they had arrived a little before them as they did not have Fairy Godmother instructing the driver to go slow

Even Winter, who was not planning to attend the party, was curious about how the VKs partied. She was sure that it was incredibly intense as according to Uma, the Isle did not play around when it came to partying on Halloween night.

"Really? That's so adorable," Winter giggled at the new knowledge that Carlos and Jane were wearing corresponding costumes that night.

"I know right, it's so sweet it almost makes me sick," Mal rolled her eyes before continuing, "I'm sure Evie already told you what I'm doing—?"

"Yeah, she said you were going to be a witch, Ben was going as a cop, she's making Doug dress up as a..." Winter could not stop a few laughs from falling out of her mouth, thinking just what Evie was making Doug dress up as.

"—Yeah, a puppy," Mal snickered along with Winter as they passed by two eagerly chatting girls about the bash that night.

The party truly was the talk of the school at the moment.

"Haha, and Evie's going as Carlos's mom?" Winter said in between her laughter causing Mal to shake her head rapidly.

"Yeah, it's going to be so funny, Carlos's face will be priceless!" The purple-haired teen exclaimed causing Winter to shake her head.

Suddenly, the sound of a text coming in sound between the two girls and Mal was pulling out her cellphone. She smirked when she saw the text, turning to Winter a second later.

"Ben just texted me that someone super-glued Fairy Godmother's desk closed, she and Phil are pissed..." Mal cackled while Winter sighed, feeling slightly bad for Fairy Godmother.