FORTY-TWO

———————
𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄 𝐈𝐈𝐈: 𝐀 𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐒𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓
———————

———————𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄 𝐈𝐈𝐈: 𝐀 𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐒𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓———————

42 | SHE WAS BORN IN THE NORTH POLE

_ _ _ _ _ _

17 YEARS BEFORE THE PRESENT DAY

_ _ _ _ _ _

   "JACK," a very pregnant Elsa scowled while using her abilities to cause different snowflake designs to crawl up the length of the nursery, "we are not naming the baby after the day they are born on," she rolled her eyes upon her husband's ridiculous idea.

Jack stood behind her, using his own powers to make different frost designs on the ceiling. Elsa smiled at her newest design, liking this one the most.

"Why not—!" Jack was cut off by Elsa's sound of disgust once she saw the ceiling.

"What in Auradon's name is that, Jack? Absolutely not!" Jack made a noise of a offensive as Elsa slapped his hands down forcing him to stop in his designs.

Elsa easily waved her own hands washing away the designs and replacing them with some of her own. She made the icy imprints match that of the wall with sharp endings. While she was at it she made a huge snowflake in the center of the ceiling as well.

"Beautiful," she hummed in delight, placing her hands on her hips.

Jack scoffed, shaking his head. He liked his designs better, what sort of baby did not like a monster snowman on the ceiling?

"I liked mine better," he grumbled only for Elsa to roll her eyes, and take one last look around the nearly complete nursery.

She just had to add the bookshelf and they were golden. The nursery was simple, a series of blues and whites with a large cradle in the center. The cradle had soft curtains flaring from the sides, a rocking chair not too far away. There were some toys in the corner for when the baby got a little older and could start crawling around.

The room was across the hall from their own. Originally, Elsa wanted the baby to sleep in her and Jack's room for the first two years, but Jack was not so keen on that idea. He insisted that he and Elsa would need time for themselves sometimes and promised her that the baby would be fine across the hall.

After all, they could keep both doors cracked so they could hear when the baby cried and furthermore there was bound to be some nymphs walking around who could console and watch over the child as well.

After days of convincing, Elsa finally agreed and so the two set to work on creating the beautiful nursery.

Elsa gazed around the room one last time, her hands set on her hips and a proud smile on her face. However, that smile soon fell once she realized that they were completely finished with the nursery. It seemed like just yesterday when they started on it.