TWENTY-SIX

26 | COLORS OF THE WIND

   LIKE everything else at Auradon Prep, the stables were large and far fancier than necessary. Honestly, the horses did not care whether the walls had pretty ribbons running the length of it.

The stables were on the West outer side of campus, the stables being the final building before the forests. Winter, who had pulled herself together, eagerly rushed past the workers of the stables. Horses nayed continuously as she passed by the many stalls, catching sight of the encryptions on the outside of some of the stalls.

Herbert — Horse to Chad Charming.

Winter passed by Herbert, careless tossing an apple toward the striking white horse. On her way to the stables, she had stopped by the dining hall and grabbed apples as treats for Stewart.

Herbert made a happy noise in response causing a smile to form over Winter's lips. Spinning around a stable boy carrying a large pile of saddles, Winter ducked under a light post.

Excitement flowed through Winter's veins as she caught sight of the familiar spotted horse. Many could not help but compare Stewart to having the coat of a reverse dalmatian with his white spots and dark base. The large percheron horse had a dark mane that fluttered across his eyes and a long thick tail which he was currently whipping back forth.

All four of Stewart's legs were feathered with white hair as well, something which only increased the horse's beauty by tenfold. A large grin split across Winter's face, a grin which had not made itself present since her time back at home. Seeing Stewart brought on the sense of Winter's true personality breaking through.

She was suddenly connected to the girl she was at home. The slightly mischievous and fun-spirited girl with the striking white hair.

The complete opposite of who she was here at Auradon.

Pausing a few feet away from the stall, Winter brought her right hand to her lips before whistling loudly earning Stewart's undivided attention. The horse shot up from where he was lazily eating hay, the mane flying out of his face briefly revealing a pair of dark eyes.

Stewart neighed loudly, the horse pacing around his stall at the sight of the girl who was practically his owner at this point. Winter giggled, walking up the stall, barely getting there before Stewart thrust his huge head into her palm.

It reminded Winter a lot of what her pet polar bear, Onika, would do. Except for Stewart much sweeter about it.

"Oh, hello buddy!" Winter cooed, pulling out another apple from her bag and gave it to Stewart who ate it on the spot.

Rubbing her hand down his neck, Winter hummed. She could tell Stewart was getting antsy, she was as well. She was ready to get out into the forest and explore with her horsey companion.