THREE

03 | THE ISLE

03 | THE ISLE

"WE'RE coming with you guys," Lonnie declared, Winter nodding in agreement from next to her.

Winter was not close to Jay or Carlos at all, but she still wanted to help them. Carlos and Jay's eyes widened, both not expecting to see Lonnie... let alone Winter Frost in front of them.

Both Carlos and Jay let out nervous laughter, shaking their heads overdramatically as though the notion was ridiculous.

"What?" Jay scoffed. "We don't need swords," he was eyeing Lonnie's sword bag, obviously not really meaning it, "at the..." he was at a loss for words, looking to Carlos for help, but Carlos was equally as flustered, "...waffle hut?"

Winter quirked a brow, looking to them as though they were idiots. "Really?" She said with a tone of disbelief. "Even if that were true, you realize that you're not allowed off campus past curfew."

Jay cursed while Carlos narrowed his eyes at Jay's mess up. "Great going, dude!" Carlos flicked Jay on the back of the head before Lonnie spoke up.

"You're going to the Isle to rescue, Ben, we already know," Winter nodded along, "and it's either you take us, or we're going to need to tell Fairy Godmother."

Jay and Carlos both looked as though they had seen a ghost at Lonnie's threat.

"Yes, in fact, I actually like that idea better. Let's go tell Fairy Godmother..." they knew Winter would do it too by the way she started turning toward the Headmistresses office.

"Ugh, wait! Fine, you can come!" Winter's shoulders slumped in disappointment.

Winter turned around and forced what she tried to play off as an excited smile, but in reality it made her look as though someone had a dagger to her throat.

"Haha, fantastic!" She gave breathless laugh, Jay and Carlos glancing at each other nervously.

They knew as well as everyone else at Auradon Prep that Winter was not the most athletically inclined. That would be her downfall at the Isle because at the Isle it was not books and smarts that got you anywhere, it was who was stronger, you or the other guy. However, they had also never actually seen Winter use her powers, but they heard enough about it to know that she was apparently an incredible force.

Hopefully, that was true because, at the Isle, Winter would need them.

"Come on then, we don't have time to waste," Jay nodded, Carlos, Lonnie, and Winter following after him.

They came upon the magical limo, and soon enough, they were off. It was Jay driving with Carlos in the passenger seat and Lonnie and Winter in the back. Winter and Lonnie's eyes were wide as they finally passed through the barrier, the world around changing, literally.