SIXTY

60 | THE ROYAL COURT

   THE dress was entirely green. A beautiful green that looked as though it had been woven with emeralds. It was expensive as well, but money was not an issue. Winter admittedly felt bad, she had wanted her dress for the Royal Court meeting to be made by Evie.

Alas, princes and princesses were expected to have their gowns and suits handmade by the royal seamstress. Or in Winter's case, crested by herself.

This dress was straight from the seamstress though.

It was long, falling past her feet with gracefully with equally as green heels. She had done her makeup to perfection, making sure to keep it light. Her long hair was brushed in straight locks that fell down her back.

Only a single ring adorned her middle finger, a large silver ring with her family insignia on it. A spiked snowflake with the four elements cased inside each spike. Her mother once told her their family insignia was created from the first time she ever stepped foot onto Ahtohallan when she learned about her past and to save Arendelle.

It was the symbol of the spirits of the Enchanted Forest.

She sighed while placing her hands behind her back, checking to make sure that everything was perfectly in place on her. Not a hair out of sight.

The dress was strappy but still conservative, her shoulders were revealed but the rest of her body was covered. Although the dress was tight and did not flare at the bottom. Winter could appreciate this because it made her body look quite good.

Nodding her head, she turned from the mirror and left her room. Her thoughts were a whirlwind, the Royal Court meeting was about to happen. Shit was probably going to hit the fan, she could only hope that it was not too bad.

Her fingers were crossed hoping someone from her family would show up so she was not forced to sit in. No other prince or princess had ever had to sit in for their family, and Winter did not feel like sitting as the youngest one at the table.

It would be hard to get them to respect her word. Also because it was obvious that Ben was planning on speaking of Wenlock's return, Winter had to back him up. She felt guilty, she was not supposed to know of Wenlock's return in the first place, but it was her duty as an advisor on Ben's council and as the official communicator between the capital and her homeland to keep everyone in the loop as possible.

Hiding Wenlock's return is dangerous.

She understood where her parents were coming from in hiding it to a degree. For them, they had no knowledge of what Wenlock had been doing to Winter — to them they did not want to cause her distress.

There was also the problem of the Isle, which was a discussion that Winter was truly not excited about. Especially considering most of her VK friends would be in the crowd watching.