FOUR

04 | PIRATE FIGHT

04 | PIRATE FIGHT

"YOU do not get to win every time!" Uma cried, raising her sword.

Winter narrowed her eyes, though she was internally panicking. Apparently Mal always won against Uma — what a surprise — not.

Winter began shaking, her eyes darting around in panic. It was obvious that a fight was about to go down.

Time to go!

"Guys!" Jay shouted, handing out the swords from Auradon Prep.

"Wait!" Winter panicked as a sword was thrust into her gloved hands, "I don't know how to use this thing! Oh my God, why did I let you convince me to come?" She near hyperventilated to Lonnie who only had handed her the weapon in response.

Lonnie playfully rolled her eyes at the frail girl.

"Because," it was obvious Lonnie was enjoying this way more than Winter could ever hope to, "I wanted adventure and you need to get out more!"

Lonnie and Winter stood back-to-back, Winter holding out the sword with a shaky grip while Lonnie was far more confident. It was evident that Winter had no clue how to sword fight with how she held the weapon, her knees buckling together and arms shaking.

"I could have got out more by doing anything else! I would rather go to the cotillion over this!" Winter cried, her words catching Lonnie's attention.

"You're not going to the cotillion!" She gasped in disbelief. "But you have too!"

"Guys!" Evie interrupted them. "We can force Winter to go to the cotillion later, for now, let's fight for our lives!"

Lonnie cheered while Winter let out a whimper, her eyes going across to all the pirates.

"Get them!" Uma screamed just as Carlos shot a blue smoke bomb their way.

"Maybe you should take those gloves off now, Winter!" Mal shouted from her place upfront, Winter's eyes darting to the purple-haired female.

"Uhm, let me just wait a little longer!" Winter hollered back, really hoping she would not need to use her frost against them.

After so long of ignoring her abilities in the face of Auradon, it just felt wrong to use them now. Mal growled at her, but suddenly everyone was under attack. Swords clashed, people screamed, and others fell into the waters below.

Winter, knowing she realistically stood no chance against anyone here, ran away from Lonnie and stood toward the back once again, frantically darting and ducking under swinging swords. Winter watched with huge eyes as Mal tossed a pirate into the water.

Subconsciously, Winter's eyes darted around to try and spot Harry. She skipped over Uma and Mal dueling, spotting Harry standing on the ship. However, what nearly caused her to start was the fact that Harry was already staring at her.