NINE

09 | SOREN'S TRUTH

09 | SOREN'S TRUTH

"AND so that after that, I literally had to jump out his window to avoid getting caught by Fairy Godmother—"

"You jumped out the window?" Jack Frost cackled at the huge wooden dinner table, everyone else only holding horrified looks at Sitara's story.

"Yeah, he was on the second floor too, so I had to climb down the tree! Anyway, long story short, we didn't end up working out and I think he's married now..." Sitara exclaimed, ignoring the horrified looks her parents, aunt, and brother were sending her.

Winter was biting her fist trying to keep in her laughter. Winter had just finished telling everyone what had occurred during the year and her parents were not happy at all about her going to the Isle, but Sitara thought it was wicked.

She left out all the bits about Harry Hook, knowing her parents would go insane if they knew she was true lovers with the son of Captain Hook. After that, Sitara being the best cousin ever, helped Winter out by bringing the attention to her and telling an even worse story about her time at Auradon Prep.

At first, it was a story about how she was nearly arrested for loitering in a park with her boyfriend after hours, and then it proceeded into how she was almost caught screwing him in the dorm rooms by the Headmistress.

Yes, Anna and Kristoff were mortified, but seeing as Sitara was already graduated there was only so much they could do. Jack Frost and Winter were the only ones who found the story funny, Jack being far more verbal about it than Winter.

Luckily though, it did its job because everyone forgot about Winter and her trip to the Isle.

"Okay then!" Kristoff clapped, deciding to move on from the story of his daughter screwing someone before he broke something. "Let's talk about you, Soren! Have you asked out Hadley yet?"

"Oh, that sweet girl who works in the town bakery?" Anna rose a brow while Elsa smirked as though she knew something no one else did.

Soren groaned at the attention falling onto him, Winter watching as he shook his head. "For the last time, father! I do not like Hadley as more than friends..." he trailed, looking toward the table.

Winter tilted her head sensing that something was off about Soren. He seemed a bit sad at the comment.

Elsa drank some of her red wine, watching her nephew with a careful gaze. He looked to Elsa as well, both of them sharing some sort of secret between their eyes. It appeared as though Winter was the only one to notice this; however, when she glanced at Sitara she realized that the red-head was leaning back in her chair with a smug smirk as though she was also in on this.

Well, whatever this was.

"Alright, alright..." Kristoff held up his hands, "I was just wondering."