EIGHTEEN

———————
𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄 𝐈: 𝐀 𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐒𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓
———————

———————𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄 𝐈: 𝐀 𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐒𝐄 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐓———————

18 | THE MEETING OF TWO LONELY SOULS

———————

25 YEARS BEFORE THE PRESENT DAY

FOR Jack Frost, it was like any other day. He may have been considered the King of Winter, but he was a free-spirit. When he was not stuck delivering winter or cold around the world, then he simply went where the wind took him.

And right now, the wind was taking him over the vast ocean. He howled as he soared above the oceans, spinning his large staff as he went.

Jack Frost was a tall and slender man, easy for the wind to pick up. As he flew, he stuck one of his bare feet into the water, watching the ripples take form as he rocketed. The ocean felt nice against his cold foot, small shards of ice appearing in the waters where he touched.

The large staff in his grasp was wooden: it was crook-like at the very top and frozen toward the bottom, nevertheless, it was his trusty tool. The staff was often used to help Jack when he chose to release powerful blasts of ice and winter.

However, rather than call it staff, Jack referred to it as Twintender. He could not exactly remember when he named it that, he just knew that he had been calling it that for a long while.

Jack was very old, so old that he could not even remember his own origins. All he knew was that he had been around for a very long time, and in that time—he constantly delivered and ruled over winter.

Other than that, well... Jack was not sure of his purpose. He didn't really have any hobbies outside of freezing things, playing mischievous lighthearted tricks, or sleeping.

Yes, Jack Frost slept a lot in his spare time.

It was not that he needed to sleep either, because he knew well enough that he could stay awake for centuries if he so wished. However, it was more about the fact that he got bored and there was nothing else to do, so he just slept.

And slept.

And slept.

And slept.

Usually, he slept during the spring and summer but awoke at the end of autumn.

He supposed outside of sleeping, playing pranks, and freezing things—he rather enjoyed having fun with children. He liked the way he could make kids laugh and have... fun. Jack was childish like that, he was similar Peter Pan in the sense that he never grew up.