FIFTY-NINE

59 | PILLOW TALK

59 | PILLOW TALK

"He is using you!"

"Nothing but a villain's child — an evil pirate who lives his life without reason...!"

"He will turn his back on you just like the rest of them, Hook's son will wait until he's got what he wants from you and then he will leave and never turn back!"

"Or worse, he will kidnap you and force you to do his bidding!"

Winterfell was breathing heavily, the girl murmuring with discomfort in her sleep. She shifted, her head turning wildly as she lay in her bed, her covers kicked down.

"Who would choose to be with a monster like you?"

"You will live forever, unaging and frozen in time — he will die. His life will be short compared to the eternity that you are forced to endure and rule over. Would you choose a mortal life for him...?"

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"

Winterfell suddenly awoke with a jump, the girl panting and placing a hand over her heart. Her eyes shifted around her room only to be met with nothing. She cried in frustration, bringing her hands to her head and shaking.

Wenlock was attacking her mind — it was like clockwork. He was attempting to get her from the inside out, turn her own thoughts against her.

Now he was using Harry against her.

Snarling at the thought, she forced herself out of bed. Winterfell knew the only real way that she was to get any sleep tonight.

She did not bother putting her slippers on, choosing to swing her dorm door wide open and she walked into the empty and quiet corridors. Winter padded toward the Sea Three's door, stopping just outside.

Raising her hand, she was about to knock but stopped short. She groaned, bringing her hands to run through her hair and pacing outside the door.

Was this right of her? To disturb Harry for the second night in a row?

She had been lucky the previous night, he had come to her after hearing her. But this time she was straight up just bothering him. But he was her soulmate, and even she knew that the pirate enjoyed sleeping together.

But she did not want to start a habit of this. She needed to be able to sleep on her own. Then again if Wenlock was planning on attacking her mind every night (which he no doubt was) then it would stand to reason that her soulmate (true love's kiss and everything) would be protection against the evil sorcerer.

It made sense, after all, when she was in Harry's presence it seemed the wizard could not get through. He made her stronger.

But still what were they? Sure, they kissed and apparently slept together now, but they had not been on an official date. He asked her to the ball as his date, but that was about it as far as dating went.