Try Again

And if at first you don"t succeed
Then dust yourself off and try again
You can dust it off and try again, try again
- Aaliyah

°Camila°
Walking into the gym I was already dreading the time I was about to spend in here. Lani was my best friend until we're in the gym, she's my "personal trainer" here.

"Your late missy, and that'll cost you a extra five minutes."

"Whatever Lani let's just get this over with cause I really don't want to be here." I said annoyed.

"She's in a real bitchy mood." Lani said to herself, but loud enough so I could hear.

After about thirty minutes of none stop exercising Lani and I was finally taking a quick break.

"What's up with you? Why you so grumpy today?" Lani asked me.

"Cut the crap. Why did you drag me here today?"
It was a Thursday and we always came here on Saturdays, my off day.

Before she could even respond two guys entered the gym. I took a closer look and seen that one of the guys was August. He looked hella good without his shades. I'm guessing the guy with him was his brother since he looked just like Aug just darker.

I quickly turned around to face Lani, I was pissed and I just knew she had set me up for the kill.

"You sneaky bitch. How could you?"

"Awe come on Millz, he's such a nice guy and you straight flexed on him at the club that night." She said with a smirk.
"Plus his brother work out here all the time...it's fate if you ask me."

"I took a deep breath and released, "Why Lani? Look at me, I look a hot ass mess. My hair is all over the place, I got these tight ass shorts on, and not to mention I'm sweaty." I said while face palming myself.

"Calm down. You know you got that natural beauty, you still sexy as fuck to me. Oh look their coming this way." Lani said to excitedly.

"Jesus Lani. You could of at least bought me a drink before you fucked me." I said in disbelief.

"Nahh I'll leave that up to Mr. August." Lani said with a wink .
Just then August and the guy he came with approached us.

"What's poppin Ladies? Aug asked us.
Instead of responding I just drank my water bottle in shock that he had just said what's popping.

"Hi August and hello Travis. You can't seem to stay away huh? Lani said to the two.

"You know I love taking care of my body. Tol' you I was going to bring my lil skinny ass brudda this time." Travis responded.

"Aight aight enough with the jokes. A nigga about to be skinny swole soon, but uhh,we about to get started. We'll see yall around." Aug said and with that him and Trav went off to work out.

I sat there appalled. Did Aug just ignore me? I was suppose to do the ignoring not the other way around.

"You know that was very rude of you." Lani said getting up. I could tell in her voice she was irritated.
-
The whole time I kept trying to workout and act as if August wasnt around, but no matter how hard I'd tried, my eyes wouldn't stop roaming to the other side of the room to steal glances at him. He was so handsome. From his looks to his accent; I would give him the draws, but no way I would let him or anyone else know that.
"What the hell is wrong with me. I don't even know this guy's last name and I'm acting like this.". I thought to myself.

After pulling myself together, I continued working out and before I knew it we were wrapping things up.

"Lani I'll be right back. My bladder is about to burst." I said before speed walking to the bathroom.

After doing my business I washed my hands and left out. As soon as I opened the door there was a very tall and sweaty August leaning up against the wall.

"What's up witcha. How many times you going to diss a nigga? What I do to you?" He asked.

"You didn't do anything. Besides ignore my presence earlier."

"Like you wasn't doing the same. Shit I was just giving you a taste of your own medicine."

"So you don't come here too often huh?"

"Nahh. A nigga be on the grizzy. Finally got a little time off, so I let Trav drag me out the house."

"Grizzy?" I asked confused.

He laughed before speaking. "It mean grind baybeh, grind."

The way he said baby was such a turn on and I knew he couldn't have been from the Atlanta. I took a good look at him. His perfect shaped eyebrows, full moisturized lips to his cute little nose. His jaw line was very strong, but only brought out his facial features. Clear caramel skin and I was loving the view I was getting of his beef cake print in basketball shorts he was wearing.
Just then I saw Aug waving his hand in my face.

"Damn girl you listening?" He asked.

"Umm yeah" I lied

"Anyways like I was saying, you hurt a lil nigga heart at the club. I can't even front." He put his hand over his heart while laughing.

I burst out laughing too, who knew he was such a character.

"August ain't nobody worried about you, or your little "broken" heart" I said while making air quotes.

"Come on man. You feeling me just admit it."

"What? Where did you get that from?" I asked.

"You ain't gotta tell me. Ya headlights sending me all the signals." He said while looking down.

At first I was confused by what he was saying until I looked down only to see my nipples were completely hard. I folded my arms over my chest completely embarrassed.

"But for real man. You said if we see each other again you'll see if you can work something out, so wus' it gon' be?" He said looking dead into my eyes.

I broke contact for a second. "Fine, give me your phone."
-
After giving August my number I had to dismiss myself. My mother was in town and was stopping by, so I didn't want to keep her waiting. As I walked away I could feel Aug's eyes on me. I cursed at myself for wearing this attire.

Making my way towards Lani, I quickly grabbed my bag and told her bye and that I wanted to beat traffic before it got too bad.
Thinking that she didn't know what was going on since the bathroom was located where no one could anything , I made my way towards the front door until she stopped me.

"Did he get it this time?" She asked while still running on the treadmill.

I was shocked by her question and stopped dead in my tracks. A smile formed on my face before I turned my head towards her.

"Yes Lani. He did."
And with that I saw her slightly smile. I headed out the front door. I swear I love my best friend.