Truth Is

And all the feelings that I thought were gone
Came rushing back to me at once
Tried to smile and hide the way I felt
But I was thinking to myself....
-Fantasia

°Camila°
Pulling up to the airport I was like a kid in a candy store. My mother was in town and I just couldn't contain my excitement. My mom and I didn't have the best relationship, but it wasn't always like that. My mom was always fun to be around and very out going and was my best friend at one point. That was up until her and my father got divorced.

She turned bitter and angry afterwards. Every problem that she had she blamed it on my father. I eventually grew to dislike my mother, but these last couple of months we've been trying to rekindle our relationship.

Just then I saw my mother come out. "Is that my Camila?"

"Hi mom." I said as I walked over to embrace her in a warm hug.

"Oh my god look at you. Are you having sex again? Your boobs and butt have definitely gotten bigger since I last saw you." She said in a whisper.

"Its too early for this, and FYI that's none of your business. Now get in the car so we can go home to get you settled in."
-
After hearing my mother complain about my choice of foods and how she couldn't survive the next couple of days off the "junk" I had, I decided to let her go grocery shopping .

"OK ma don't have me in here forever. Remember in and out cause you tend to get lost somehow." I said as I made my way to the bakery section to find muffins."

It felt like we had been here for ages. I had gotten all of my items and still my mother was no where to be found. "Jesus is she buying the whole store." I mumbled to myself as I walked around looking for her.

Coming down the bread aisle I stopped when I heard her speaking to someone over in the next aisle. I turned around and made my way over.

"Ma I thought you said you'd make it quick." I said not paying any attention to the fella she was recently conversating with.

"Oh honey I'm sorry, but I ran into your old friend." It was then that I glanced in the direction of this "old friend". I froze once I realized the face.

"Odell?" I questioned in shock.

"In the flesh. How have you been? Long time no see." He said with a grin.

"I've been good. How's life?" I asked while going to give him a hug. I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

Odell was my first everything. We were highschool sweethearts and dated in some of college. Our families were very close, so we practically grew up together. O was the sweetest and most carrying guy, but all that changed when his father got sick. I was so caught up in my own life problems, school and it didn't help that we were miles apart since we attended different universities. The space and a bunch of other things is what cause our relationship to end.

I always tried to convince myself that I was over him, but I knew I wasn't. I was still in love with him and probably would always be but now wasn't the time for that.
Just then a lady who looked to be about five months pregnant came and grabbed his arm. "There you are. I was looking all over for you babe." She said before looking over at my mother and I.

"Chanel this is a old friend of mine and her mother." Odell said.

"Oh Hi ladies. Nice to meet you." She extended her hand out to us and it was then that I saw the huge rock on her finger.

I swallowed hard before speaking. "Camila, but we're going to get going now, it was nice seeing you." I said with a head nod before walking off.

The car ride home was silent. I couldn't stop thinking about Odell. He looked more like a man these days, he had facial hair, was built and tattoos. I still couldn't believe he had a fiancée let alone a baby on the way. That could of been me, but I blew it.

"Girl Odell looking good these days ain't he? My ma questioned as she played Candy Crush on her phone.

I glanced over at.
"Yea, he does."
And turned my attention back to the road.