Better In Time

Since there's no more you and me
It's time I let you go
So I can be free
And live my life how it should be
No matter how hard it is I'll be fine without you
Yes I will
-Leona Lewis

°Camila°
I looked down at my watch while bouncing my leg. I don't know what made me come here, clearly I wasn't in my right mind when I dialed this lady's number.

"Camila are you going to answer the question?"
I looked up at her, "No, I don't believe I have anger issues." I said annoyed.

"The first step is to admit, we've been through this before."
I didn't think I was an angry person, but Mrs.Rogers swore up and down I was.

"Mrs.Rogers when I first came here I was a kid and yes I was angry then, but I'm grown now......I just need someone to talk to." I admitted.

"Ahh now we're getting somewhere. What is going on that's making you feel that way?"

I opened my mouth to speak but closed it just as quickly as I had opened it.
She adjusted her glasses and sat up so she could put her hand on my knee, "Camila in order for things to get better you have to be able to talk...communication is key. My mother always said, a closed mouth doesn't get fed. In your case you don't receive the help you need if you hold it back."

I looked away so I wouldn't get emotional. Turning my attention back to her I spoke. "Life is kicking my, excuse my French, but it's kicking my ass. I'm so tired of crying. Every time I finally get up I only get knocked right back down."

She wrote something down and looked up at me, "When you say you're tired of crying, what's making you feel such strong emotion?"

I took a deep breath, "This guy I had been dealing with for months did something really foul. Long story short he "cheated." I caught him in the act and went totally ballistic, I put my hands on him and her......I'm beyond embarrassed by my actions. I had no clue it would hurt me to see him laying with her, but worse going day to day without him.

"Anger is your first emotion when feeling disrespected and then sadness comes and then after all that is said and done you're able to think."

"I'm thinking, a lot."

"When you said you caught him cheating, you threw up air quotes. Why is that?"

"Because we weren't even together. I went over there to tell him how I felt finally, so we could be together. I found it odd that he hadn't texted or called me back that day. I go over and the door is unlocked. Go upstairs and see him screwing her. Funny thing is he told me, we better stop playing before someone gets hurt. I guess that's how the cookie crumbles.

"Oh I see. It seems that you led yourself to believe you didn't care for him as much as you really do deep down inside. You set high expectations for him and to see him fail hurts you the most."

I sat there quietly. She was speaking volumes at the moment.
"He made me so happy. I looked at life so differently and at a snap of the finger that all changed.

"Just because you're hurting doesn't mean he's not somewhere hurting. Our session is over but I do want to say this before you go, You must always been opened minded and not just think about you, but also take time to work on you."

I got up and hugged her before existing the building. Only if she knew I had way more problems than just with August.
-

"Hey Camila. Come in."
I stepped in and headed up the stairs.
"Hey pops." I said entering the room. I sat my purse and cell phone down going over to his bedside to hug him.