Diggin On You

I must admit to you
When I heard the lines you threw
Although it usually turns me off
But this time you have turned me on
Lights off, lights on
I guess the groove is on
-TLC

°Camila°
I walked into my closet while eating a strawberry not knowing what I was going to wear for tonight. I had no clue where we were going and that didn't help one bit. After rambling through some of my clothes I finally found something that said I was ready for any occasion. Pulling the tag off of my black spaghetti strap ankle jumper, I debated on what shoes to wear.

I did my usual body moisturizing routine. I didn't need a bra for this type of jumper so I just slipped on my black see through lace panties. Once finished I put on my jumper. I decided I didn't want to wear heels and put on a cute pair of loafer flats. I wasn't big on makeup so I let my face breathe tonight just applying lip gloss.

I put in my gold diamond earrings followed by my necklace. I took my Bantu knots out and fluffed my curls with some coconut and sweet almond oil mixture. Just then my phone vibrating indicating I had a text, I checked it.

Aug: I'm outside shorty doowop.
Right on time I said as checked myself out one final time.

Lately that's been his name for me and I hated it. I sprayed some perfume and grabbed my crossbody before picking up my keys and heading out the door.

"Were you watching me get ready?" I asked Aug as he opened up the door for me. We had the same color scheme, black and gold.

"Nahh baybeh. Just got good taste that's all." He said before closing the door.

He was about to pull off before I stopped him. "Seatbelt sir." I said while buckling my own.

He Kissed his teeth. "How the hell you goin' ta' tell me what to do, in my shit at that?"

"Awee come on just do it geesh."

He took a deep breath, "Aight man."

"You don't mind loud music do you?" He asked

"Not at all, and this is "your shit" I said

"Coo, say no more." And with that he turned up the radio and we hit the highway while he rapped to Rich Gang.
Nigga playin' with my whoadie, I'ma ride
She say that that pussy wet so I'ma slide

After thirty minutes of driving we were finally at our destination. One of the best restaurants in the A, Sun Dial Restaurant.

"OK bitch, not only is he driving a Range, but he also taking you to this boogie ass restaurant." I thought to myself

After being seated and receiving our food we talked while enjoying our meals.

"Wow look at this view, its beautiful." I said.

"Not as beautiful as you." He said which instantly caused me to smile.

"Thank you I said" before clearing my throat to speak again. "So that guy on your necklace, who is he?"

"Its my big brudda, Mel." He said while looking down at his plate.

"That's nice. Wish I had a older sibling, any sibling at least. Being the only child sucked when it was time for my friends to leave at the end of the day." I said while taking a sip of my drink.

"I was like his shadow; whenever you saw Mel, young Aug wasn't too far behind....miss my nigga."

"You miss him? Is he out of state?

"Nahh, he's dead."

I immediately regretted ever bringing this topic up. I wanted to ask what happened but I knew it probably wasn't appropriate.
"I'm so sorry, I would have never asked if I knew that." I said apologetically.

"Its coo', so tell me about yourself since you been holding out and letting me do all the talking lately."

"Well like I said before I'm the only child. My parents are divorced, and my dad is engaged to a woman a couple years older than me."
I nodded my head as I explained everything, hoping he would understand.

"What about your moms?" He questioned

"What about her? There isn't much to say besides her being a bitter old lady who doesn't have her shit together because she's still stuck in the what ifs and past." I said feeling myself get angry.

Before my mother left a few weeks back we got into an huge argument.

I came home from work to find my mother in my kitchen with a bottle of liquor. Whenever she drank she always turned into this hateful person.

"Its only five, and you've almost drank this whole bottle." I said while snatching the bottle of Four Loko from her, pouring it down the drain.

"Would you stop acting like you're my mother for once. I pushed you out Camila, not the other way around."

"You know I don't want to fight and want to actually leave on a good note for once so I'll act as if I didn't hear that come out your mouth."

"You know all this is your dads fault, if he wouldn't have left, you wouldn't be so angry at me all the time. You know....some things you just have to let go of." She said slurring her words.

"The irony because everytime I turn around you're bringing up how messed up your life is since daddy left you, that was how many years ago and you still haven't let go, let along with you not getting your shit together, mom." I spat back.

"You watch your tone young lady! You like his new prissy whore Jamie,that's why you're taking up for him."

"Leave her out of this."

"Why? She was sleeping with him when she should of been making something out of herself, not playing the role of a mistress at twenty three."

"You guys weren't even together when they met, daddy was just still in the house."

"He's going to get her pregnant I know it....he wouldn't give me another child after you.."

"And I see why, don't forget your flight leaves at 8 tomorrow morning."

And that was the last time I'd spoken to my mother which explains why I had so much hatred towards her at the moment.

Aug put his hands up in surrender. "Damn it's like that lil lady?"

I nodded my head. I guess he got the vibe that I was no longer feeling the scene because he paid for our meals and we left.

The whole ride home the only thing that could be heard was Aug's music being played. I looked over at him and felt bad. This man has been going out of his way just to get to know me and I was now acting like an asshole towards him. He pulled up to my apartment and walked me to the door.

"Aight shorty doowop." He said

"Thank you for tonight."

"No problem."
I reached out to give him a hug. He hugged me close and tight, his hands moved down to my butt which made me jump, he quickly removed hands.
"Damn my bad, it was just a natural reacti--

"It's OK I get it...Hey look I'm sorry for earlier, can I make it up to you over drinks?" I said cutting him off.

He put his hands in his pocket, "Only if you got some peach ciroc and OJ."

I smiled instantly. "Well come in." I said as I unlocked my door.