Understanding

What I need from you is understanding,
How can we communicate,
If you don't hear what I say.
What I need from you is understanding,
So simple as 1-2-3,
Understanding is what we need
-Xscape

°Camila°
"So how you like living with your baby?" Lani asked me as we walked the trail.

"Its OK. Just taking a while to get used to." I shrugged.

"You saying it like you don't like it."

"Its not that. I'm just use to being by myself. I could walk around the way I wanted and what not, ya know?"

"Oh yeah Trav is there. Well you could come and stay with me." She offered.

"Girl Aug would have a fit. See the way he acted when I wanted to stay in hotel. He's so clingy, it's cute but weird at the same time."

"Cause you his babeh." She said just like him.
We laughed for a second.

"Him and my dad been up on me. I'm surprised neither has called to check up on me." I said.

"That shit was so scary babe. Still can't believe someone would do that."

"I know. Now I have to start all over. I'm just thinking about moving somewhere else honestly."

"Whatever is the safest route to you then you do that." She said.
We jogged some more. We saw a woman pushing her very handsome son in a stroller. He pointed at us as we slowed down.

"You like those pretty ladies?" She asked her son.
He smiled showing off his gums and babbled on.

"Awwe he's so cute." Lani cooed as we bent down to play with him.

"Thank you." The lady said.

"Bye bye little handsome." I said.
He tried his best to wave goodbye.

"I can't wait till you pop one out." Lani said as we started back walking.

"What?" I asked, maybe I was hearing things.

"You heard me. I hope it's a girl so we can go shopping and buy little hair accessories and sandals."

"Lani do you hear yourself?"

"Yes. God mommy. I can't wait. Hopefully she'll have Aug's personality cause you just mean." She said.

"Girl bye. He's the mean one, but I'm not having any babies. You could always get Deja's baby." I said trying to be funny.

She stuck at bird at me.
"Anyways. Let me get out of here." Lani said.
We hugged goodbye and told each other to be safe before walking off to different directions.

I didn't drive to the trail today since Aug's house wasn't far. I was half way there when I started to get this weird feeling.
Ever felt like someone was watching you? That's exactly how I felt.

I turned around and saw no one. I sped up my walking, practically speed walking now.
-

I unlocked the door, thankful that I made it back. My legs were burning like crazy. The usual bounce music was loud and the smell of cooking food hit my nose. I walked down the hall into the kitchen. I saw August taking something out the oven, bopping his big head.

I leaned against the door frame and watched him. He was so into the song that he didn't even notice me. I laughed and walked up behind him, giving his tiny butt cheek a squeeze. He quickly turned around.

"Girl you scared the shit outta' me." He turned back around before closing the oven.

I looked him up and down.
"Really?"