God's Got A Blessing

I know you've been hurting deep down inside,
Let me encourage you, it's going to be alright.
Troubles and trials come to make you strong,
Keep on believing, you keep holding on.
-Norman Hutchins

°Camila°
I've been in this hospital for three weeks, almost four now. I flipped through the channels, bored out of my mind.

My face has returned to normal size, I still have some scratches, but everything is getting better in time.

My grandma comes in, she's been my backbone all through this, everyone had to return to their normal work lives but since she's retired, she got to stay.

"Morning grandma." I smile at her as she sits on the couch.

"Don't morning me. You had three sodas last night while I stepped out for a little while."
I laugh and face palm myself. Her and nurse Sue have gotten so close. I couldn't do anything without one of them knowing.

"But I'm tired of drinking water." I whine.
She cut her eyes at me then put them back on the TV.

"They have juice too, don't play."
I loved her, she kept it real no matter how old I was.

I laugh out loud.
"You'll be getting released soon." She speaks again.

"About time!" I guess that's one perk of her and Sue being so close.

"Camila it's not going to be easy....."
I look down at my broken ankle, remember that horrifying night that changed my life forever.

"I don't want to stay here....." I blurt out.
She clears her throat.
"And why not?"

"There's nothing here for me anymore."

"There's plenty here, you can't run from your problems for forever."

"Ma I feel this is best. I need some time away. To find myself again."

"Your grown and I won't tell you how to live your life. You know your welcome to stay with me."
That was all I needed to hear.

"So I have to learn to walk on the ankle all over again huh?" I ask her.

"Sadly. Sue said she knows a few good centers and people who will put you back in the game. Them ribs gotta heal fully before you can do anything though."
I don't say anything. I just stare at the TV.
Something I found myself doing a lot of.

Doctor Sue comes in, its not time for my medicine, maybe she just wants to chat with Grandma while she has some down time.
She smiles at me and looks at my grandma.
They're communicating with their eyes, something Lani and I do all the time. She wasn't going to take the news of me leaving lightly, but I can't figure out what the two are saying.

My grandma stands. "I'll be right back." She touches my hand and walks out after Sue.

I laugh at an episode of Jerry Springer, these people had to be getting paid because no normal person would make a fool of themselves on national TV.

The doors opens, letting in the cold air from the hallways. I'm tired of watching TV so I do a little web surfing on some messy gossip sites, a girl needed some kind of entertainment in this hell hole.

"What did Sue want?" I ask my grandma who's fairly quiet.

"Hi Camila." I quickly turn over.
Its Carla....

"Get out." I demand.
She puts her hands up.

"I just wanted to talk to you." She says.

"I've been in this hospital for three weeks and now we have something to talk about? Get out of here." I fan her off.